1999 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: My best Volvo yet (out of 8!)

1999 Volvo V70 R - Consumer Review

My best Volvo yet (out of 8!)
By Dr Rick on

1999 Volvo V70 R Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

This black rocket is nearing the 200,000 mile mark, and I can't wait to get her 200K merit badge. Like any Volvo, I can ride for 12 hours and feel like it's just been 2. I've done every service recommended and find the car a tremendously economical vehicle. In fact, I went beyond that and replaced everything at 150,000, with the intention of keeping it for a long, long time. I am now doing routine services myself, which I am finding incredibly easy with the help of friendly folks on the Internet. A new heater blower cost me $100 (eBay) for a new one and 15 minutes -- seriously! -- of my time. Who needs a Volvo dealership?! I should have been doing this several Volvos ago!!!

Incredible acceleration (with the SRS turned off). 28 mpg on the highway. Seats that feel like my living room recliner -- only better! Low gear that gives high torque/RPM for rocket-like performance. Easy-to-work on engine for even the 30K service (just $60 in parts)! Jammin' stereo... and more!

Have all been integrated into newer Volvos, like my '01 XC!