1999 Volvo V70
By GMRBimmerBoy on
1999 Volvo V70 4dr Wagon
I now have close to 90K miles on it and it is still running pretty good. However, there are a few problems that I have run into. The electrical system is a joke. I lost count of the number of times I have had to take my car to the dealer to have a headlight/tail- light/turn signal bulb replaced or rewired. If you buy this car, be ready to take it in for service on the electrical system frequently. On some cold mornings, the engine would not start for me. I have had to keep my foot on the gas at intersections (I have a manual tranny) to keep it from stalling. That usually fades away after about 5 minutes after starting the engine. Beside those bugs, an excellent car.
Favorite Features
I love the seats. They are extremely comfortable, more comfy than Mercedes- Benz. I ordered the Cold Weather Package on my Volvo. Very wise decision, as the seat heaters are a joy to have on cold mornings.
Suggested Improvements
The brakes could be better, the electrical system should be completely redesigned, the cup holders should be bigger and not as flimsy.