1999 Volvo V70 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.3L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 4-speed Automatic - (5 reviews )
My best Volvo yet (out of 8!)
By Dr Rick on 06/03/07 18:44 PM (PDT)

1999 Volvo V70 R R Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

This black rocket is nearing the 200,000 mile mark, and I can't wait to get her 200K merit badge. Like any Volvo, I can ride for 12 hours and feel like it's just been 2. I've done every service recommended and find the car a tremendously economical vehicle. In fact, I went beyond that and replaced everything at 150,000, with the intention of keeping it for a long, long time. I am now doing routine services myself, which I am finding incredibly easy with the help of friendly folks on the Internet. A new heater blower cost me $100 (eBay) for a new one and 15 minutes -- seriously! -- of my time. Who needs a Volvo dealership?! I should have been doing this several Volvos ago!!!

Neverending
By Ryan on 04/29/07 22:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Volvo V70 R R Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Everywhere I turn, it's not a huge repair, but it's many little things that go all at once. The dash lights died altogether, and after doing that, the radio and climate control wouldn't light up (individually burnt bulbs). Lots of rattles, that you eventually learn to live with (welcome to the Volvo Family). Electronic seat stopped a few times.

Stay away from Volvo
By Valerie Wood on 04/02/06 21:52 PM (PDT)

1999 Volvo V70 R R Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Bought vehicle used in 2003 with 42,000 miles on it. Paid $23,000 for it. Have had nothing but trouble. Multiple visits for leaking antifreeze, replaced hoses, tightened clamps, replaced reservoir. Volvo dealer says this is wrong, independent mechanic says that is wrong. Had to return multiple times for a faulty ETS that Volvo finally replaced due to multiple class action suits. Warning lights flash on and off and no one can figure out what is wrong. $2000 later, car is worse than when I first brought it in.

Love This Car
By Speed Mom on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo V70 R R Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Great car! Almost no mechanical problems. Handles beautifully. Comfy for long road trips. Hauls dogs, kids, canoes, stuff. Goes like stink!

Best balance of of perf/price/utility
By chuckchuck on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Volvo V70 R R Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Compared vs Audi, Mercedes, BMW. Volvo wins based on price, performance, versatility, and finally the 4x4