1999 Volvo V70 2.3L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1999 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

1999 Volvo V70 T5 Turbo 4dr Wagon

T5 Wagon (2.3L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Stuck on Volvo, but???
By SWEDE IN COLORADO on 09/27/06 11:09 AM (PDT)

1999 Volvo V70 T5 Turbo 4dr Wagon

Owner of Volvo's since 1972. Bought the 99 @15K. Now has 68K. Recent work: ABS/Trac Control Unit, Rear seal on Turbo. Prior: AC control unit under warr. Not sure as simple and well built as older models. Power surge is super - mileage good on highway, overall appearance and safety A+ for what is known as a "brick". Prior cars: 70-144, 74-164, 76-244. My other-- 86- 740 still runs great @222K and 25 mgp/town and very little upkeep costs. Just bought a 97T5 Wagon @ 104K, not sure will keep it. First order of bus to ck the T-belt - when they blow look to rebuild the engine, so I have been warned.

Volvo Troubles
By Mike R. on 07/07/06 13:10 PM (PDT)

1999 Volvo V70 T5 Turbo 4dr Wagon

We've owned this car for 7 years and have spent close to $5,000 in unscheduled repairs. Our list: -Brakes and rotors-headlight switch- motor mounts-ABS module-heater core- throttle body (twice)-power window motor-dash repair-cupholder replaced- power steering seals-many headlights/tail lights. Our car is not abused and only dealer serviced. It is very expensive to operate and any visit to the service shop will cost a minimum $120 for a diagnostic. I will never buy Volvo again.

I love my car
By joemama on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo V70 T5 Turbo 4dr Wagon

My car is very quick! No major problems at 50,000 miles.This is my third Volvo , and although it is not as heavy duty, I would still expect to get at least 300,000 miles as I did on my last Volvo.( Car is still running fine, I gave it to a friend.)