1998 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: This is a really wonderful mac

1998 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Review

This is a really wonderful machine
By Djavlar on

1998 Volvo V70 Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Having enjoyed driving a 1981 245, a 1989 740, and a 1991 745, I've come to realize that each was a really great machine for me and my family at the time we owned them. Miss the ruggedness of the 245, but don't need that now; prefer the smoother ground-hugging capability of the V70 AWD. Lots of things I could do with the 245 that I don't need to do any more....and couldn't in the V70 if I wanted to. Are Volvos safe? Well, my son totalled my 740 and my daughter totalled the 745, and they're each here to tell the tale....though no longer behind the wheel of anything I own and off my insurance!

Great AWD traction. Excellent ABS braking. Excellent driver ergonomics. Wonderful sound system....with great intuitive controls that they screwed up in later models. The LPT really kicks!

Wish it was happy with regular unleaded. Wish there were more cargo space. Miss the 245 and 745 in that respect; can't slide a refrigerator inside and close the tailgate with this one.