1998 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: great car overall

1998 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

XC Wagon (2.4L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 4-speed Automatic)

great car overall
By broadbeard on

1998 Volvo V70 XC 4dr Wagon AWD

Purchased in 2004 with 64,000 miles for my wife, she didn't like the 95 850 turbo wagon because it had too much power. The light pressure turbo and AWD is much better for her. I use high quality parts and do not have tire, brake, or other components wearing out prematurely. Currently have Michelin Harmony and ceramic brakes, best ride of any car I've owned and the AWD makes the snow disappear. Has not left us stranded in 10 years. Not transmission problems, averages 22 MPG, can get 28 MPG on interstate. High quality and good design. As others posted, it is expensive to maintain at dealer. I do most of the work, however, I do have a friend that helps me with more difficult repairs.

AWD, extensive repair forums and parts found online, cold weather package, seats 7. Reliable, easy to maneuver in traffic. Great handling, adequate power

Could use more headroom, sunroof rubs the top of my head. the AWD is great, however, makes it difficult for some maintenance such as fuel filter replacement and turbo drain tube seal replacement.