1998 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: Never-ending repairs

1998 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

XC Wagon (2.4L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Never-ending repairs
By adampeart on

1998 Volvo V70 XC 4dr Wagon AWD

I admit it. I fell for the comfort, space and "safety" of my '98 V70XC. I purchased the vehicle used, and everything seemed to function for the first month or two of owning it. Then the onslaught of malfunctions and glitches began. In the two years of owning this car I have had the following work done on it: 3 headlights, 2 tail-lights, 8 new tires, two alignments, CV joint replacement, ABS Control Module($700), Viscous Coupler (drivetrain issue-$1700), 2 sets of brake pads, 4 new rotors, engine mount replacement, and ETM replacement ($700). There is still a long list of comfort features that don't work, but I can't afford to fix - interior lighting, power windows/seats, etc., etc.

Space! I could move a sofa in the back of it! Comfortable! Nice interior features and room to move. Engine! Though a little glitchy (it has 135,000 mi. now) the engine runs strong, and is its only mechanical saving grace.

See review.
By tostik
on 04/03/11 02:35 AM (PDT)

the 1998 v70xc does not have an etm. they were first installed in the 1999 model. my mechanic loves my 1998 v70xc because it doesn't have an etm.