1998 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: Oh my god repairs. No love aft

1998 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Review

Oh my god repairs. No love after 120k.
By dennisonn on

1998 Volvo V70 XC 4dr Wagon AWD

First of all, I love this car, and the Volvo brand. This wagon is excellent, and the engine is to die for! Seriously, just stomp on the gas, that makes a believer out of anyone who laughs at the wagon =). That is if your car is working. When my family purchased this car at 80k, no problems at all! Now at 180k Here's an abbreviated list of repairs I have done/paid for in the past 2 years alone. One faulty computer. Three faulty O2 sensors. Two distributor caps (its fun when the cars stalls while it's raining) Front& Rear Axel, Brake pads, and rotors. Sunroof. Timing belt, radiator, heater core. AC system, various electrical issues, Now a new turbo? No thanks. Massive oil leak. ugh.

The seats are amazing, front heated and rear bench. Very fun to drive, lots of muscle. Infallible AWD, (NY snow beware). Sporty look... I could go on and on.

Honestly- after 120k, don't even bother. I read something a fellow reviewer's comment "after a timing belt- don't bother" Yeah that sounds right. I'm sure that with a free mechanic or really deep pockets you can get the car to 300k but until then, I'll pass.