1998 Volvo V70 2.4L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Awesome Car

1998 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Review

Awesome Car
By bobsfrankenbeans on

1998 Volvo V70 XC 4dr Wagon AWD

Coming from a '96 Saturn sw2, this volvo was a huuuuuge upgrade. It's air tight (so much so that your ears pop when opening/closing the sunroof), runs like a charm, and is so stable that I often forget I'm driving in through icy/snow covered roads (as the AWD and Wet setting makes the car hunker down and adjust beautifully to the changing grip). the cabin stays at a nice temperature even with it's -20 out and it warms up within 5 mins. It's super comfortable, good audio, etc. etc. It's not as much fun as the saturn - no doughnuts or snow drifting - but it's certainly safer, warmer, and at an appropriate level to allow giant F-9000s to see you, not matter the weather.

Favorite Features

Warm. Safe. Comfortable. So stable, I often find myself going 80+. The accelerator and brake pedals are deep within the cabin which means amazing leg room for tall ppl. stiff pedals = you can rest ur foot on them during long trips... many more i don't have space to mention.

Suggested Improvements

Turn radius. Also, the giant windshield is wonderful but I tend to have to defrost it constantly- and it would be nice if it was like the BMW and had side mirrors that tilt down to the curb as you're backing up..