1998 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: A Nice Used Wagon, Shop Carefu

1998 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Review

A Nice Used Wagon, Shop Carefully.
By JawzX on

1998 Volvo V70 Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought this car from a private seller who had all service records since new, so I knew what I was getting into, which was a very well maintained, if high-miles car. It had a large amount of work done to it prior to my purchase, including the Infamous prop-shaft replacement (still needs a torque-tube bushing and rear shocks), so I knew I wouldn't have to worry about that for another 150K miles... The car is very comfortable, performs reasonably, handles well, holds a huge amount of stuff, is great in the snow, parts prices for repair are high. I have no bad things to say about the interior materials or fit of the car, but mine was assembled in Belgium, maybe that makes a difference?

BIG SPACE, comfy, AWD, non-boring station wagon, entertaining engine. I know I'll survive almost any accident in this car and I only paid $3200 for it.

Fuel economy not special, Those AWD bits are pricy, and the system is finicky about tire wear, wish it were manual trans...