1998 V70 Wagon
By merley on
1998 Volvo V70 4dr Wagon
The V70 definatly feels more sturdy than our Camry, solid like you would imagine a tank feels. Crisp handling/steering can be fatiguing on long trips because the slightest move of the wheel sends you off course. Braking is excellent with 4 wheel disc/anti-lock during the yellow light power stops I've never had anyone stop as quikly as me. Acceleration? I'm not so impressed but it's better than the Camry. The seats are very comortable (but see improvement area for related comments). The leather quality seems better than average.
Favorite Features
Steering - crisp and responsive with firm ride. Braking, never had a car stop like this one. Dual climate control, nice. Sideview mirror defrost, cool. Seats, are comfortable. Paint, appears to have more coats or be applied thicker. Not like Japenese cars. Stereo, excellent sound.
Suggested Improvements
No CD player, what the hell? Passenger seat, to lay it down there is a circular dial you must crank down. Cruise control first, I like an on/off light. Second, there is no cancel button, I prefer this over the slamin' on the brakes method. Did I mention no CD player?