2016 Volvo V60 Wagon Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volvo V60 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V60 model:

Great value at great price
By Ed Eisenstein

2016 Volvo V60 Wagon T5 Drive-E Platinum 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great car for driving trips: comfortable, great gas mileage, good acceleration and cruising speed on highway, excellent navigation and sound system.

Immediately Knew It Was My Car
By Vicki

2016 Volvo V60 Wagon T5 Drive-E Premier 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have spent the last year and a half researching vehicles on line and test driving cars that looked promising. My focus was on a crossover SUV, with the top three eventually being (in no particular order) the Volvo XC60, Acura RDX and Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. I test drove all three cars more than once and still couldn't determine a clear favorite. One evening, I read Edmunds review of the Volvo V60 wagon, which I hadn't researched, but was very interested in the car after reading the review. I test drove the car a few days later and liked it, and the following weekend, took my spouse to the dealership to try the car, not intending to get one that day. We were both really impressed with the handling, the zippy drive, and the way it felt on the freeway and on the city streets. We decided to try the XC60 again while we were there for an immediate comparison, but I got behind the wheel of the V60 one more time and knew it wasn't necessary to drive another car; this one was it, and we drove it home that evening. Basically, the V60 is very similar to the XC60, just doesn't have the SUV height. The seats are so comfortable, the dash and instrumentation clear and easy to read, and the best feature for me is the blind spot monitor which is built into the post rather than the side mirror, which I much prefer. This is a solid vehicle, with excellent pick-up and acceleration and a very smooth ride and very good gas mileage. I wanted the new safety features available on today's cars which was the reason for the new car, and they are totally worth it. Backed out of the driveway the other day, and the cross traffic alert let me know that a car was speeding down our street. Very clear picture in the back-up camera and navigation screen. All the bells and whistles are easy to program. V60 scored well on all the safety tests, which was a must for me. Very happy with the decision, and I am looking for reasons to get in the car and drive it!

New tires at 20,000 miles??
By ja isom

2016 Volvo V60 Wagon T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

First, this is my 4th Volvo so I do have a comparison. My average over 32 years is 42,000 miles for a set of tires on past Volvos. This model eats tires and the Continental ContiPro contact 235/45/R17 Xl are the WORST..I rolled over a small defect in the road and had to replace 2 at 14,000 miles then another about 1 month later( with warranty-thank goodness)--- and now when I was rotating at my 21,000 miles point I am told there is 2/32" left on the remaining 2 tires... Important point: the majority of these miles are highway-- little braking and potholes..... This is a 60,000 mile tire according to Volvo and Continental-- Sooo....... who is telling the bigger lie??? Regardless I am replacing all -- Shame on you Volvo and Continental you obviously have no integrity either --but sayonara to both of you..