2015 Volvo V60 Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volvo V60 - Consumer Reviews

2015 Volvo V60

View reviews for a specific V60 model:

My best driving car yet!
By Donald North

2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I'm a long time Saab car enthusiast owning several over the past 20+ years including the classic 900 Turbo, 9000 CSE Anniversary Edition, and 9-5 Aero wagon. My 2003 9-5 Aero wagon was a great car to drive, being very comfortable with plenty of cargo space. However at 266k miles, with a daily 90 mile commute, it was time to replace it. I wanted a car as comfortable as it, which is not easy to find. Most cars have poor front seats for long term driving comfort. I like to move around a lot of stuff and need cargo space, hence my interest in only wagons. I briefly considered the 328 wagon - I like its exterior styling, however as typical BMW their seats are uncomfortable to me and you sit too low in the car. I also have a lot of concern about their long-term reliability since I try to keep my cars to 200k+ miles. I also considered the VW Golf wagon, but it wasn't as quiet on the freeway as I would like. I tried and bought a new 2015.5 V60 T5 Drive-E with sport seats and suspension and have enjoyed it every day since I bought it. It's now 1 year old and already has 26k miles and has not had any reliability problems. It is quiet and smooth at highway speeds and corners tightly and confidently. Front seats are very comfortable and need a little time to break in. Front visibility is great with no glare. I like the control layout and enjoy listening to satellite radio every day. Bluetooth connection to my phone is reliable and telephone sound quality is excellent. My only complaint was the stock acceleration was not quite as strong feeling as I enjoyed with my Saab. However that was fixed and the car transformed when I recently bought the Polestar Performance Optimization software for the car. It can be easily downloaded and installed at any Volvo dealer. With the new software, it now passes very quickly on the freeway while also improving the throttle and transmission behavior. Highway gas mileage in unchanged. This is now one hell of a European car! To me the V60 T5 Drive-E with Polestar software is the best currently available balance of comfort, safety, driving experience, fuel economy, and storage capacity. Highly recommended!

Really Nice Used Car Value
By Seth Harriff

2015 Volvo V60 T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I looked at small SUVs and wagons with high safety ratings and good reliability. Performance of this model is decent - I have the AWD with the older 2.5 T5 and the 5sp auto. I like the known reliability of the older engine, although the performance and fuel economy of the newer one was appealing, it wasn't an option in this model year, and I was looking for a lightly used vehicle.

2015.5 for electronics is key - better nav, better 'infotainment' with an upgraded Sensus setup. The car has a built-in wifi hotspot (it's ATT service, and free until Volvo figures out how to pass thru charges) in addition to OnCall (Volvo's version of OnStar) and Sirius traffic is free for 4 years from original sale date.

Seats are very comfy - I don't have the sport package, which has larger bolstered seats, but I do have the Climate package, so everything that should be heated or cooled is done automatically. Storage is smallish for a wagon, but still useful.

Styling of both outside and inside is nice - very Swedish still, which is good - I was glad to see that Geely didn't distract from that or the safety of Volvo when they purchased the company. Safety features are great - backup cam and sensors include a cross-traffic warning, and the City Safety function hasn't been used by me, but it's nice to know it's there.

Great Combo of Power/torque and Gas Economy
By Steve Paul

2015 Volvo V60 T6 R-Design 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Ordered our 2015 V60 in March 2014 soon after it went on sale in the USA, and delivered May 2014. Our dealer only had AWD in stock, but wanted FWD with the new Turbocharged Drive-E 4cyl engine/8-speed transmission. What a great combo of power/torque and gas economy. Easy 30+ mpg highway.

Two options ordered were the Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) and heated fabric seats (all)…one of the few cars you can buy heated seats without leather. Base model also lacks the roof rails, also my preference for a cleaner look. And base model dashboard I prefer over the upgrade electronic dashboard.

Best Features: engine/trans combination, classic Volvo seating perfect for my 6’ size, 36,000 miles of maintenance included, and Euro styling.

Worst Feature: 1) Excessively aggressive start/stop. Learned to use the paddle-shifter Left to disable in traffic and in anticipation of signal light change and turns. I doubt the feature really saves very much. Just one unplanned repair of this feature in the life of the car will more than negate any fuel saving.
2) No Oil Dipstick in the Drive-E Engine…ugh!

Also considered the Audi A3 but arrogance of dealer turned me off, and would have also considered a Saab had they not gone broke.

Wife has the XC60, and I prefer the V60 as a driver’s car.

Tip: Free 6 months of Sirius has expiration date, so activate your free period promptly. Had to negotiate with Sirius to get my full 6 months.

Favorite car after previously owning (new) in order: VW, Audi, Impala SS, Saab 9-3, and Cadillac CTS.

Love the car in every way except for tires
By Grn567

2015.5 Volvo v60 premier e-drive

Pros
-handles great, very responsive
- sporty, fast, so fun to drive
- beautiful lines
- silent cabin
- most comfy seats
- very good gas mileage though overstated, I think as best we've managed is 34 mpg
- plenty of cargo space

Cons
- no doubt its falling grace are the cheap Continental tires. I'm 45 years old, never a tire blow out in my life and I've had 2 now in first 5 months of car

- usb does not support iPhone 6 so only Bluetooth linkable which is kinda lame

Set yourself apart from the crown
By Matt

2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Americans need to wake up and end the crossover craze. And the Volvo V60 is a fantastic option. Not only does it offer exceptional design style, but it handles like a sports car - something a SUV can't offer. In addition I still can have optional awd and it can tow my speed boat on a trailer. The engine has incredible pick up, and the ride is just fun. This may be my best car purchase ever!