2015 Volvo V60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volvo V60

View reviews for a specific V60 model:

Exceeds expectations
By stew19

2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After driving BMWs, Audis, and Lexus, I have been delightfully surprised by my V60. It drives and performs very well, is quiet and very comfortable and looks great. I don't understand why people continue to buy SUVs and crossovers, which get poor mileage and don't perform as well as wagons.

Favorite Features

Seats, driving dynamics/acceleration, safety features, quiet, attractive.

Suggested Improvements

Instrumentation, including navigation, is sometimes slow...but it gets there.

Sporty, efficient and comfortable
By kmurray105

2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had the V60 for about a month and so far I love it. 2 years ago I replaced my 2006 Saab 95 wagon, because it needed some expensive repairs and with Saab out of business I didn't want to keep putting money into it. I replaced it with a leased Buick Regal, a car with better technology but handling and performance that was not as good and gas mileage that was not any better. As my lease expired I looked at a lot of different cars. I discovered the V60 had mostly better technology features that the Buick, performance and handling that was not quite as good as the Saab but close, and much better fuel efficiency. The V60 is also tremendously comfortable; a keeper.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort is excellent. Interior design is driver focused and very customize-able. Fuel efficiency; I love the start stop feature; I guess it might take some getting used to but I love knowing I am not wasting gas sitting at stop lights. It has performance when I need it; and efficiency when I don't. I tend to have a heavy foot when the light turns green and I can still easily pass others on the road; but the V60 also makes it easy to monitor my efficiency and helps me make better driving decisions to maximize gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The voice control (I have the 2015, not the 2015.5) could use improvement. In the Buick I could press a button and say "call John Doe on cell" and it would immediately place the call to the right number. The Volvo requires a number of steps and confirmations to make a call. It could use a little more internal storage compartments. A power lift gate would be nice; but the truck is really light and easy to open.

2015.5 Volvo V60 wagon FWD
By rara1964

2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Spreading the word about 2015.5 V60. I've owned Audi's, BMW's, VW's & other Volvos (last car was the XC70), & this car blows me away. Handling is perfect; fuel economy amazing; styling minimalistic but perfect. The technology features are simply amazing. I have a teen driver, so the safety features - warnings when you get too close to the car in front, lane departure warnings, blind spot, rear camera, etc. - are essential. I paid at least $12k more for comparable German cars, and didn't get anywhere near the value or features found in this car. Chose FWD because w/traction control, it's nearly as good as AWD. Space & storage also fine, even as compared to the XC70. Better than German.

Favorite Features

The entertainment/nav/controls are all very intuitive. Stereo rocks (surround sound, too). Voice commands work really well, and the 2015.5 has Volvo On Call, which lets me control the car from my iPhone (remote start, tracking/location (including when the teenagers have the car), unlock and lock doors, etc.). As with On Star, there's an SOS button, too. But I think all of this is only available with the 2015.5 version. I also like that I can change themes/lighting for the screens and such. Eco is a calm blue and looks fabulous at night. Oh, and the heated steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I wish Volvo would add is an arm rest that can be adjusted up and forward (like Audi and VW) so I could actually use it as an arm rest. Pretty sure they don't do this because they want you to have 2 hands on the wheel; but it would be nice.

Cool Wagon
By jimbonada

2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Picked up the 2015 V60 in October 2014 after turning in a 2012 T5 sedan. Major difference is handling. Steering is crisper and stays centered where as T5 tended to float. Also the engine is phenomenal. I'm getting 28 mpg mixed use vs 23 mpg in old T5 without a sacrifice in horsepower. What attracted me to this car is that it does not look like a wagon but more like a crossover without the height and extra cost. There is one caveat however. My car came with a start/stop feature. I've gotten used to it but for some they may not. It's the feeling of an engine stalling and starting up again. You can however manually shut it off. My wife hates it. I leave on just to annoy her. LOL!

Favorite Features

Definitely the design. Led Taillights are really cool. Right now its the sharpest looking wagon on the road bar none. Cabin is always classy. Seats are...Volvo good.

Suggested Improvements

The tires on my old T5 were Continentals and they wore horribly and they're on my V60. Conti's suck. Start/stop feature may take time getting used to. I'm not sure if this is the reason why I am getting 28 mpg or the fact that there's a new 8 speed tranny.

9K miles in and loving it. Great car.
By derickd81

2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought car in April, now has over 9K miles on it, including some long road trips. I have been able to hit all EPA mileage ratings, including highway. I have 30 mpg average over the last 6K miles. Car has been flawless, easy to use, drive, etc. I still catch myself staring at it, or pausing while sitting in it to take it all in. Went on a month long vacation with my wife. We fit everything we needed and our cat in the car with the seats down. Plenty of room. It's fast, quiet at highway speed, and the seats are wonderful. I've done four 12hr stints in the driver's seat at not been uncomfortable at all. This car is a gem, I think it should be on your test drive list, at the least.

Favorite Features

Seats, BLIS, quiet at speed, mileage, size, looks, really I think this is an exceptional automobile.

Suggested Improvements

I wish stop/start could tell when you are in stop and go traffic so it would keep the engine running. It works fine for me most of the time, but in congestion I have to turn it off.