2015 Volvo V60 Cross Country Wagon Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V60 Cross Country model:

Cute little wagon for 2 adults
By Stephen Kish

2015 Volvo V60 Cross Country Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Wagon suits my wife perfectly. Smaller than our Outback was (more like our 2008 than our 2012 in rear seating) and also uses regular gas for it's 5 cylinder turbo engine. It drives okay for me in sports mode ONLY. Otherwise programmed to be slow and be more fuel efficient. Great seats. Better than my Audi S5's premium leather seats. Bought it Certified pre-owned (demo) with 7K miles. Over 3 years left on original warranty plus Volvo adds a 3 year certification. BMW, Audi, etc. add 2 years for CPO & Mercedes only 1. I like the styling much more than the former Volvo wagons that looked like refrigerators on wheels. This is a sleek modern looking vehicle. Like a maxi version on the former cute little C70 which I liked as much as Mini's if not more. Like most al wheel drive cars the mileage isn't great in the city. He just enough pep, but no faster than our former Outback 3.6R. However the Outback had no sport mode to add pep when passing or accelerating. It's smaller than the Outback which I like for city parking. Rear space is small for a wagon, but with rear seats folded down there is plenty of room. It held five tires easily when I changes tires from all the Scorpion all-seasons. I run summer and winter tires always. The brakes are a weak point. Much longer stopping distance than a car at this price should require. Being bought for safety it's disappointing and needs a fix. The better tires help a bit. I like the keyless entry and the auto folding side mirrors which fold when you lock the car for parking. The rear windows inhibit viability, but that's the design. Our other option to the Outback was the Audi Cross Country. The option was too expensive and not a faster car. The Volvo parts are outrageous! I wanted a set of wheels for winter snow tires, but they were $500/each. If one of the OEM wheels has to be replaced that's the cost. The Tire Rack doesn't have this cars fitment yet so until they get one to spec out I can't buy winter tires. I suspect that this is not a big a seller as the FWD V60 which is less expensive and lower. We needed the Cross Country for it's height for snow clearance. We get too much! I blast our wagons out of the long driveway rather than shovel. My Audi S5 doesn't have much clearance though AWD. I prefer not to use it in heavy snow though I run high performance winter tires (Dunlap winter sports) in one size down from the OEM 19s. I plan to buty W80s or Xice3's for the Volvo once I find reasonably priced wheels. No way I'm buying Volvo wheels at their pricing.

V 60 Cross Country is a Subaru Outback on STEROIDS
By Dr. Don

2015 Volvo V60 Cross Country Wagon T5 Platinum 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I looked at the Outback, the Audi, the BMW, the Benz, and the V60 CC. I studied all, test drove them and most importantly checked out cargo area. I spent 6 months researching! The Volvo V 60 CC was the only one which fit my criteria of 1. Total driver seat comfort (like sitting in your favorite easy chair) 2. Handling (tight steering and a sporty-feel) 3. Able to carry 4 sets of golf clubs without removing any clubs from the bags (Yes, including drivers!). I have two complaints. 1. the backup camera is on the outside of the car and will fog up with rain/snow 2. The tailgate is MANUAL and should be automatic.
The more I drive this car (past 7 months) the more I love it! And the dealerships I have worked with are great.

Very Hard To Beat
By Marshall Field

2015 Volvo V60 Cross Country Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Finally decided to get the v60 CC instead of the Benz GLA. It boiled down to comfort and cargo area. Love my choice. Drove 4+ hrs again today and instead of tired from the road, emerged from the car invigorated. Supremely comfortable.

Slight negatives:
"heavy" steering wheel
MPG is only average

Solid, Comfortable, Stylish
By dcc305

2015 Volvo V60 Cross Country Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Unique styling drew me in when my S60 lease ended. Cross shopped Audi, BMW; better value and not nearly as common. Drives a bit more "sedate" than S60 but still more sport sedan than luxury SUV. Handles well, brisk acceleration, nice steering feel, tad less agile than S60 but admirably close given the elevated ground clearance/AWD weight. Quiet at speed, relaxing to drive but also fun and willing when pushed a bit. Sensus system is often criticized, but it makes sense to me and can be controlled from steering wheel, unlike competitors' systems. The keypad that some consider "dated" adds functionality. My S60 was very dependable. I expect mechanically similar V60CC to be the same.

Seat comfort/stitching Exterior appearance Instrument cluster themes/start-up animation Controlled, quiet ride with good power Extensive vehicle settings customization Sensus smartphone app Steering wheel thumb wheel for controlling infotainment system Seat-back retractable cargo-area separator/pet screen Internet connection can be configured to use your phone's data plan Tinted rear windows LED daytime running lights/ taillights Relatively long warranty, free maintenance Should be great in snow

Rear seat leg room; more streamlined voice command tree; telephone speed dial/presets; LTE data connection; fuel economy (when will Drive-e engines be available with AWD?)

Bumpy and Uncomfortable
By rbrathwaite

2015 Volvo V60 Cross Country Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

The ride is very hard and bumpy. It feels like you are driving an old army jeep. Instead of the car taking the impact, the driver and passengers end up feeling every little imperfection on the road. The sports seats dig into your hips/back and are painful. The engine is noisy.

The cruise control does not sense cars coming into your lane. Doubts about the City Safety feature working. Tested it but it did not seem to work. Took it in for service but they said as long as the light was on it was working.