2009 Volvo V50 Consumer Review: Why Subaru copies VOLVO!

2009 Volvo V50 - Consumer Review

Why Subaru copies VOLVO!
By The Bird on

2009 Volvo V50 T5 R-Design 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the main reason Subaru is in existence...to offer a cheaply made alternative to people that can't quite afford a premium European brand. This car has it all! It's equipped with a Haldex AWD system years ahead of the Subaru technology. Lower noise than the subaru. "Safe and Sound" warranty 5 years of cost free ownership is unmatched in the industry! I will only need to pay for tires and gas for 5 years! It is above average in every respect.

Scandinavian design throughout. Don't confuse with boring! The amenities are there when you need them, but not begging for attention like my wife's Toyota (lexus ES350). Ability to fold the seats down to load all our gear is fantastic!

I don't see the need to increase power. I don't like annoying Turbo whines like the subaru, so the T5 is perfect. I think the design needs a little touch up, but all things said, it's about as perfect as could be for me. Before buying...research resale value. Very amazing! Volvo's hold value!