2009 Volvo V50 Consumer Review: very family friendly

2009 Volvo V50 - Consumer Review

very family friendly
By Kid friendly on

2009 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I sold my Jeep for a reason of too much as thirsty and bought this V50. Awesome quality! Although it does not have the power and torque feel like the Jeep, it suits the purpose of "utility". I would not complain about the road noise like other reviewers, because it's MUCH less compared to the Jeep. The seats fold flat, even the passenger seat folds down. I carry my 2 kids, plus their bicycles, balls, toys in the back cargo space, and still have space to spare. The car drives smoothly; the audio system is good. It's just perfect for a small family. My only problem is the gas mileage. I have not reached the 31 mpg as the manufacture stated. I averaged about 25-26 mpg in mixed driving.

Fold down seats give a lot of space. Flip up back gate is convenient. Nice and well fitted interior. Smooth ride like a Lexus.

Engine is not so sporty, but I would not complain. It overall is an excellent family sedan.