Used 2009 Volvo V50 2.4i Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V50 model:

very family friendly
By Kid friendly

2009 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I sold my Jeep for a reason of too much as thirsty and bought this V50. Awesome quality! Although it does not have the power and torque feel like the Jeep, it suits the purpose of "utility". I would not complain about the road noise like other reviewers, because it's MUCH less compared to the Jeep. The seats fold flat, even the passenger seat folds down. I carry my 2 kids, plus their bicycles, balls, toys in the back cargo space, and still have space to spare. The car drives smoothly; the audio system is good. It's just perfect for a small family. My only problem is the gas mileage. I have not reached the 31 mpg as the manufacture stated. I averaged about 25-26 mpg in mixed driving.

Favorite Features

Fold down seats give a lot of space. Flip up back gate is convenient. Nice and well fitted interior. Smooth ride like a Lexus.

Suggested Improvements

Engine is not so sporty, but I would not complain. It overall is an excellent family sedan.

It's a looker...for a wagon!
By Joel in Germany

2009 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I drive it on the Autobahn in Europe, my normal speed...100 - 115 mph. It has plenty of power, comfortable seating, plenty of cargo room...it is what it is...a sportswagon. I purchased a few extras for it that you can't get in the states to include the color. Great experience with Volvo! Nice car! It replaced my 2002 Mini Cooper. I hope to have this Volvo for years to come!

Favorite Features

Premium stereo is AWESOME! Bluetooth is great! The styling both inside and out is sleek and European! The cabin is too cool and the seats...the most comfortable you'll ever plant your bottom in!

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, road noise, road noise. It's aweful! I like the throatiness of the engine but the road noise. OK, other than road noise...no complaints!

Great Car
By fred

2009 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Traded a Subaru for new Volvo, big difference in quality of materials, features and comfort. Feels solid and handles well all at a very competitive price.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, comfort of seats and overall feel of quality

Suggested Improvements

Little more power for standard engine.