2009 Volvo V50 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V50 model:
very family friendly
By Kid friendly on 08/03/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I sold my Jeep for a reason of too much as thirsty and bought this V50. Awesome quality! Although it does not have the power and torque feel like the Jeep, it suits the purpose of "utility". I would not complain about the road noise like other reviewers, because it's MUCH less compared to the Jeep. The seats fold flat, even the passenger seat folds down. I carry my 2 kids, plus their bicycles, balls, toys in the back cargo space, and still have space to spare. The car drives smoothly; the audio system is good. It's just perfect for a small family. My only problem is the gas mileage. I have not reached the 31 mpg as the manufacture stated. I averaged about 25-26 mpg in mixed driving.

It's a looker...for a wagon!
By Joel in Germany on 05/21/09 05:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I drive it on the Autobahn in Europe, my normal speed...100 - 115 mph. It has plenty of power, comfortable seating, plenty of cargo room...it is what it is...a sportswagon. I purchased a few extras for it that you can't get in the states to include the color. Great experience with Volvo! Nice car! It replaced my 2002 Mini Cooper. I hope to have this Volvo for years to come!

Great Car
By fred on 03/31/09 12:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Traded a Subaru for new Volvo, big difference in quality of materials, features and comfort. Feels solid and handles well all at a very competitive price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volvo V50 Wagon in VA is:

$122 per month*