2008 Volvo V50 Consumer Review: Love my car... but.

2008 Volvo V50 - Consumer Review

2.4i Wagon (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Love my car... but.
By SueZQ on

2008 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've had my V50 over 2 years now. No repairs, no problems, some minor issues (buzz in a speaker, vibration here & there) but for the most part, amazing reliability. Tires totally worn at 45,000 miles. Great fuel economy (over 32 mpg on long drives below 70 mph with a/c off). Cargo space limited for a wagon, but fits a lot of stuff. My problem is the seats. No lumbar support, and headrest tilts forward forcing me to push my head forward. Long drives leave me with hip and lower back pain, and now neck pain and headaches. I am having to give up my wonderful car because no amount of padding or support has fixed this. So be very sure the seat supports you fully before you buy.

Styling, handling, peppy even at highway speeds, safety, reliability, ergonomics of controls & storage.

Desperately needs true lumbar support and adjustable headrest angle. Ride is a bit rough/loud.