I love wagons
By volleygasm on
2008 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)
I am a wagon lover and living in the US severely limits your choices. I purchased this V50 as a certified preowned from a local dealer. The dealership is not my favorite but the price was pretty good and the certified warranty added extra safety. The ride in dry conditions is good, the cabin is very quite, the sound system is very good although my car lacks the bluetooth and ipod controls which would have been a nice add-on. I guess that's the price you pay for buying used. The one thing I do not like about this car is the winter handling. I did not purchase the AWD and coming from Subaru this is a HUGE disappointment.
Favorite Features
Seats are comfortable even on long rides. Cabin is very quite even on the highway. Stereo is clear and loud even with the windows down and sunroof open. The safety of Volvo was also a good selling feature.
Suggested Improvements
Better tires would help in the winter. I will certainly be going to a better tire when the snow starts to fly this year. A little more room in the rear seat would be nice. I am 6'1'' and my 13 year old is pretty cramped behind my seat. I am getting some buzzing (NVH) in my drivers door.