Great Alternative to others...
By londonwolfe on
2008 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)
When I was shopping a year ago for a nice small wagon commuter car, I looked at many options, VW Jetta TDI, Subaru, Audi A3 and A4. The reviews on this little car swayed my decision to test drive. Owned it a year now and 20k miles later, no disappointments. All cars have quirks, this car has been pleasant. I have had many cars in the past 5 BMWs, 12 VWs and 7 Porsches. I am a car enthusiast, this car has enough character to make it stand out.
Favorite Features
Styling and comfort. Sound system sound great. At 6'3" I have plenty room. Solid car, handles great and has enough power to keep pace in traffic and climb hills. Not a sports car, doesn't try to be.
Suggested Improvements
Same as what others have commented. Bluetooth and Ipod interface would have been great, next year option I think. Don't go cheap on tires, others complain of rough road and road noise, went with Continental Extreme Contact DWS and result was great. Mileage is not stellar at stated 28 HW for a smaller wagon, however it does not feel nor ride like an economy tin box.