2008 Volvo V50 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V50 model:
Great Alternative to others...
By londonwolfe on 06/04/12 05:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

When I was shopping a year ago for a nice small wagon commuter car, I looked at many options, VW Jetta TDI, Subaru, Audi A3 and A4. The reviews on this little car swayed my decision to test drive. Owned it a year now and 20k miles later, no disappointments. All cars have quirks, this car has been pleasant. I have had many cars in the past 5 BMWs, 12 VWs and 7 Porsches. I am a car enthusiast, this car has enough character to make it stand out.

Love my car... but.
By SueZQ on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've had my V50 over 2 years now. No repairs, no problems, some minor issues (buzz in a speaker, vibration here & there) but for the most part, amazing reliability. Tires totally worn at 45,000 miles. Great fuel economy (over 32 mpg on long drives below 70 mph with a/c off). Cargo space limited for a wagon, but fits a lot of stuff. My problem is the seats. No lumbar support, and headrest tilts forward forcing me to push my head forward. Long drives leave me with hip and lower back pain, and now neck pain and headaches. I am having to give up my wonderful car because no amount of padding or support has fixed this. So be very sure the seat supports you fully before you buy.

I love wagons
By volleygasm on 08/30/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I am a wagon lover and living in the US severely limits your choices. I purchased this V50 as a certified preowned from a local dealer. The dealership is not my favorite but the price was pretty good and the certified warranty added extra safety. The ride in dry conditions is good, the cabin is very quite, the sound system is very good although my car lacks the bluetooth and ipod controls which would have been a nice add-on. I guess that's the price you pay for buying used. The one thing I do not like about this car is the winter handling. I did not purchase the AWD and coming from Subaru this is a HUGE disappointment.

So Excited!
By rcdg on 09/29/07 17:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Just picked it up. Love the car, feel safe while at the same time having fun. I drive approx. 2 hrs everyday to work and just love the car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.