2008 Volvo V50 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V50 model:
Great Alternative to others...
By londonwolfe on 06/04/12 05:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

When I was shopping a year ago for a nice small wagon commuter car, I looked at many options, VW Jetta TDI, Subaru, Audi A3 and A4. The reviews on this little car swayed my decision to test drive. Owned it a year now and 20k miles later, no disappointments. All cars have quirks, this car has been pleasant. I have had many cars in the past 5 BMWs, 12 VWs and 7 Porsches. I am a car enthusiast, this car has enough character to make it stand out.

Love my car... but.
By SueZQ on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've had my V50 over 2 years now. No repairs, no problems, some minor issues (buzz in a speaker, vibration here & there) but for the most part, amazing reliability. Tires totally worn at 45,000 miles. Great fuel economy (over 32 mpg on long drives below 70 mph with a/c off). Cargo space limited for a wagon, but fits a lot of stuff. My problem is the seats. No lumbar support, and headrest tilts forward forcing me to push my head forward. Long drives leave me with hip and lower back pain, and now neck pain and headaches. I am having to give up my wonderful car because no amount of padding or support has fixed this. So be very sure the seat supports you fully before you buy.

I love wagons
By volleygasm on 08/30/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I am a wagon lover and living in the US severely limits your choices. I purchased this V50 as a certified preowned from a local dealer. The dealership is not my favorite but the price was pretty good and the certified warranty added extra safety. The ride in dry conditions is good, the cabin is very quite, the sound system is very good although my car lacks the bluetooth and ipod controls which would have been a nice add-on. I guess that's the price you pay for buying used. The one thing I do not like about this car is the winter handling. I did not purchase the AWD and coming from Subaru this is a HUGE disappointment.

Fun little family car
By Mark on 10/26/08 10:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car drives and feels like a fun little sports car. It has plenty of pep with some room to spare. We have taken it on many road trips loaded down, with a child, dog, and full size stroller. The quality of the workmanship inside and out is spectacular. We have had no mechanical issues whatsoever. A great little family car that gets pretty good gas mileage!

Reasonable Mid-life Crisis
By Mark on 06/06/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Fun to drive. Nice test drive around Horsetooth Res. Have driven to numerous Frontrange ski areas in bad weather, car was great. Stability control saved car at I-70 and Dumont. I have Gecko green with Sparticus wheels. Exterior is sharp. Interior comfortable

Great Car!
By jimmysworking on 05/15/08 16:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Love the car. I have had it for a little over a week and enjoy it each time I slide into the driver's seat. The seat is one of the most comfortable I have ever been in. The fit and finish is excellent. Even though it is a smaller car, I feel safer in this than many larger cars I have been in. I like the feeling of having all of that Volvo Safety engineering around me and my family. All of this and it still feels very sporty.

A good move
By Dusko on 02/17/08 12:31 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After 5 E-class Mercedes this was a big step but I'm not disappointed. For 50% of the price I have as much fun driving this car and I don't have to fear being stranded because of quality problems with electronics. The ride is firm but not harsh, a lot like a 3 series BMW. Ergonomics are a bit quirky and I could use more storage space up front. Fuel economy is better than my E500, but not that much! I miss the Bluetooth for the phone. Overall, no regrets

Volvo V50 AWD 2008
By James on 01/15/08 09:21 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I wanted a hatchback with AWD but the choices were limited. This was a good alternative and I am not disappointed. This car is well built, fun to drive, and not an SUV. The handling is better than expected. The only thing lacking is better MPG.

Utterly unique in a sea of sameness
By mitch on 11/20/07 20:36 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car's smart! Not generic Japanese, nor flashy BMW. Distinctive, so few on the road. Why? Designers have done super-sculptural job w/sheet metal around wheels, hood, roofline. Handsome! Perfectly scaled, hauls stuff but still comfy compact footprint. Fab interior for a 6'3"guy, though leaves back seats cramped. Settling into front is like puttting on fine gloves, famous Volvo seats coddle. Easy, high quality controls aren't over-baked. Zippy turbo rocks. Nice throaty engine. You feel all the road bumps, suspension tight. A little oversteer. Not a big issue. I just love the Volvo ethos, low key class, a bit quirky, solid, albeit at a price.

So Excited!
By rcdg on 09/29/07 17:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Just picked it up. Love the car, feel safe while at the same time having fun. I drive approx. 2 hrs everyday to work and just love the car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.