2007 Volvo V50 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - MIGHTY MITE V50

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon - Consumer Review

MIGHTY MITE V50
By signal67 on

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Superbly designed vehicle that is an absolute blast to drive. Mine is the "Full Monty" T5 AWD with buttery-smooth 6 speed manual. Seems like every design and engineering detail was painstakingly tested and mulled over to best benefit the driver. Gives me 85% of the performance I expect from my '85 Porsche 911. I can haul my ever-growing toddler son in his Recaro sport seat and my two 90 lb. Weimaraners (very tall, large dogs). A great-looking vehicle as well that really grabs on-lookers' attention. Most people think of AWD for icy, snowy environments, but here in L.A., I like it for added performance - goodbye torque steer, understeer, oversteer, etc. A total beast.

Favorite Features

Torque-y engine, tight suspension corners like a mother. Smoothest, easiest manual you will ever drive. Even in stop and go traffic, does not buck until you are almost at 0 mph.

Suggested Improvements

Yeah, the ride can be bumpy on grooved freeways. Rear seats can be snug. Nit picks: rear doors could open a tad wider for kids, dogs. Doesn't do my taxes or take out the garbage.