2007 Volvo V50 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V50 model:
Quality Assurance Inspector 18 Yrs.
By Dan on 11/10/06 13:21 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The Is My Seventh Volvo, Most of My Volvo' were Used , But always got Good Resale and Trade In. I bought My First One as a College Student on Easter Break in Fla. 122S Cream White with Red and White Interior 4 Sp ,144 , 244 , 245, 242 GL 4 sp-elec. OD - New ,Big Brakes 2001 V40 New , K&N , Cool Stat ,Drilled Rotor's Speical Pads, NGK Iridium's 2007 V50 New, K&N, Still Breakin In Motor ! Seems Like It is Rally Sport Set Up ! The Aero-Dynmaic's Could be a little Better - Didn't - get that Opt. Package 6 Spd is a Blast,Makes Smiles per Mile ! I Wish Volvo Would do Better Aero under Trunk Rear Aera , allowing a Spot Spoiler Lower Air Exit. All in all The Volvo is Great. Danny

Greatsporty compact wagon
By igioman on 10/29/06 02:33 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

This car, so far, has impressed us with the acceleration, comfort and overall good looks. We got rid of a SUV, and this is a great alternative. In Southern Italy where we live, it isn't uncommon for people to drive quite fast(80-100 MPH/130-160 KPH) yet this car keeps up with them all. The styling is top notch and is the best in it's class. We bought the V50 2.4, Grey metallic with dark beige interior premium sound with 12 speakers. Wow!!. Awesome! We have 3 daughters ages 13, 6 and 1 year and they all fit well even with a car seat.We looked at several other Euro wagons and this Volvo tops them all.

2007 Volvo V50 T5
By Frank C on 10/26/06 16:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Volvo follows a distinct car philosophy which is not to everyone's taste. If you like Volvo's approach to design, handling, and safety the V50 is a great choice over any small SUV. We compared the V50 to station wagons from BMW, VW, Audi, and Subaru. The BMW 3 series and Audi A4, while nice, were quite a bit more expensive. The Passat's drive train (2.0l 4 cylinder turbo) was uncompetitive. The Subaru felt tinny. In sum, the V50 offered the best compromise between performance and price.

So far..so great!
By RJBME on 10/16/06 05:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Have had this car a month & have been able to do commuting and a 1500 mi road trip with it. Great car that isn't more than what you need (SUV) or too little (5-dr hatch). The p/t is fantastic: smooth, powerful & quick and the 6-spd manual makes the car all that much more fun to drive. The seats & options (ours is loaded) make the car a dream to drive. I highly recommend the NAV system as it performed flawlessly on our trip. The gas milage is coming in a bit lower (~24.3 combo according to computer) that I had hoped for in a 5cyl+manual but it's better than an SUV considering the V50 has AWD+ 218 hp/236 ft-lbs & all functionality w/ lots of cargo space. Best car I've owned thus far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.