Used 2007 Volvo V50 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo V50 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V50 model:

My First New Car
By jeff

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first new car, but second Volvo. As you can see, i have put many miles in the comfortable drivers seat. I dread the end of the warranty period. I have traveled to Florida with my two children in car seats, Vermont with my three children in car seats. Plenty of room for a family with reasonable needs. Turbo is a must. I really wanted a sport wagon, having quit the SUV era before it even became popular. Familiar with Volvo's saftey and reliability and overall this car has perfomed. Euro styling, roof rails, turbo, interior cargo space, all were items that I wanted and received in a vehicle.

Euro styling, turbo, comfort and safety

Interior wind and tire noise. Ride is a littel harsh, but handling is great, perhaps a trade off. It would be nice to have a diesel and 5 speed.

First Impressions
By ChrisM

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've had the car for only two weeks but here are my thoughts so far. Love the looks both inside and out, the appearance is what sold me on the V50. Excellent seats, smooth shifting automatic trans, reasonable performance from the 2.4i engine. I haven't owned a Volvo before so the long term reliability is a bit of a concern. Early versions of this model seemed to suffer from electrical problems but my research on the '07 models seemed to show they have been worked out. I will post a follow up report after I've put more mileage on it.

Interior and exterior design. Great seats fuel mileage has been higher than expected.

Base engine needs a bit more power.

Great Car !
By Frank

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Had the car for almost a year now and I love it more now than when I bought it. It has the ride of a Town Car and the fuel mileage is great (26-31). I bought the premium sound system and several upgrades and haven't been disapointed one bit. It's a solid car and gives a lot of bang for the buck!

Top notch sound system. Quite smooth highway ride. Good fuel mileage.

Could use a bit more room in the back seat

Great little car
By piredon

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car manages to be quick when you want it to be, cruise when you want it to, seems to work well in the snow, and holds more than enough stuff to fit our needs. Fuel mileage so far of around 25 mpg overall. Comfortable seats, great for long trips. Very progressive throttle tip in helps to drive smoothly. Engine can be a little buzzy at times, but packs plenty of punch when you want it to. Steering effort is way too light, but turn in is crisp, and it's great for long highway trips, maybe not so much for back roads. Well-designed, intuitive interior with fantastic sound system. Only problem so far is a rattle in the dash, fixed under warranty.

Throttle tip-in, surround sound system (upgrade), seats, fantastic seat heaters, decent fuel mileage for its weight and power train configuration.

More natural steering weight, more storage compartments, fewer engine vibrations, better exhaust note, smoother automatic, more suspension travel.

My Little Pocket Rocket
By Allen

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I get raves from a lot of other drivers and what a blast to drive this V50 is. Fort Knox on wheels too as Volvo is famous for safety. The Japanese made tranny matched to the 218 ponies makes it a dream to drive. Easy to be at 80+ mph and feels like 40. Quick on acceleration, shoots from the gate and leaves a lot of other cars in the dust! I say Volvo finally got it right in styling, interior, safety, guts, all there! I upgraded wheels to 17", tinted all windows and this baby stands out on the road.

Looks inside out, audio upgrade, very roomy inside.

Better gas mileage, more HP (2008 has 236 vs 218 in the 2007), panoramic roof offering.

• SUV