2007 Volvo V50 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V50 model:
First Impressions
By ChrisM on 12/17/07 11:25 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've had the car for only two weeks but here are my thoughts so far. Love the looks both inside and out, the appearance is what sold me on the V50. Excellent seats, smooth shifting automatic trans, reasonable performance from the 2.4i engine. I haven't owned a Volvo before so the long term reliability is a bit of a concern. Early versions of this model seemed to suffer from electrical problems but my research on the '07 models seemed to show they have been worked out. I will post a follow up report after I've put more mileage on it.

Great Car !
By Frank on 12/17/07 10:04 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Had the car for almost a year now and I love it more now than when I bought it. It has the ride of a Town Car and the fuel mileage is great (26-31). I bought the premium sound system and several upgrades and haven't been disapointed one bit. It's a solid car and gives a lot of bang for the buck!

Great little car
By piredon on 12/16/07 15:38 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car manages to be quick when you want it to be, cruise when you want it to, seems to work well in the snow, and holds more than enough stuff to fit our needs. Fuel mileage so far of around 25 mpg overall. Comfortable seats, great for long trips. Very progressive throttle tip in helps to drive smoothly. Engine can be a little buzzy at times, but packs plenty of punch when you want it to. Steering effort is way too light, but turn in is crisp, and it's great for long highway trips, maybe not so much for back roads. Well-designed, intuitive interior with fantastic sound system. Only problem so far is a rattle in the dash, fixed under warranty.

My Little Pocket Rocket
By Allen on 06/21/07 23:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I get raves from a lot of other drivers and what a blast to drive this V50 is. Fort Knox on wheels too as Volvo is famous for safety. The Japanese made tranny matched to the 218 ponies makes it a dream to drive. Easy to be at 80+ mph and feels like 40. Quick on acceleration, shoots from the gate and leaves a lot of other cars in the dust! I say Volvo finally got it right in styling, interior, safety, guts, all there! I upgraded wheels to 17", tinted all windows and this baby stands out on the road.

First Time Luxury
By First Timer on 06/20/07 15:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

The Volvo V50 is my first time venturing into the high end car lines and it hasn't disappointed. The car is neat looking and has thus far performed very well. Didn't even notice the speed when we were cruising the 476 Blue Route at 75 mph. The ride is quiet and the feel is quite snug in this little wagon. We just became grandparents, and we wanted to be safe carting our new charge around. I think we made the right move.

MIGHTY MITE V50
By signal67 on 06/15/07 23:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Superbly designed vehicle that is an absolute blast to drive. Mine is the "Full Monty" T5 AWD with buttery-smooth 6 speed manual. Seems like every design and engineering detail was painstakingly tested and mulled over to best benefit the driver. Gives me 85% of the performance I expect from my '85 Porsche 911. I can haul my ever-growing toddler son in his Recaro sport seat and my two 90 lb. Weimaraners (very tall, large dogs). A great-looking vehicle as well that really grabs on-lookers' attention. Most people think of AWD for icy, snowy environments, but here in L.A., I like it for added performance - goodbye torque steer, understeer, oversteer, etc. A total beast.

Why is this car so uncommon?
By Barbarella on 02/24/07 18:43 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Simply put, I love this car. I live in the mountains of colorado, and this car is tons of fun to drive on twisty mountain roads. I am of the belief that you do not need a SUV just to live in the mountains (unlike everyone that lives around me). The AWD is all you need to survive up here. The interior design is simple and intuitive, the performance is great, the mileage is decent (considering the way I like to zoom around), the cargo space is great, and it looks awesome. I seriously don't understand why this car isn't more popular, but then again, I don't understand why everyone around me drives these monstrous SUVs. Aren't they driving on the same roads I am?

Done with minivans
By Empty Nesters on 02/03/07 12:11 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We sent the last of three kids off to college this year and were so happy to be done with the big, automatic transmission minivans. Had noticed the aerodynamic design of the v50 on the road--more appealing than many other sport cars-- and also the added flexibility of a small wagon for storage. Bought the v50 t5 awd with a standard transmission. What a great car! great acceleration, handling, and responsiveness. No problem in snowy or icy conditions. The seats are the best- - even for long trips. Mixed driving in the mid twenties/gallon. Highway on cruise control is over 30. Any negatives? the trim on the inside door handle is a little soft and has couple of dings from my ring.

V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5 cyl 5A)
By david on 11/15/06 13:12 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Just bought our V50 yesterday and had an above average experience at the local dealer. Not pushy at all. Gave us a fair value on our trade in ('93 Mazda 626). Car cost $30,000 + tax/tags. We also got 2.9% financing for 4 years. Car was loaded with following packages; Black Paint, Black Leather, Climate, Select, Trim Package, Body Styling package, Sirius Sat Radio. Very good looking wagon. I believe this was a fair price considering the added packages it came with and financing package (in lieu of incentives). Still need to drive it more for a review on handling but for a small family it appears to be a great alternative to a gas guzzling SUV.

Rust Proofing
By Kathy on 11/10/06 13:30 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My Second Volvo New , My Forth New Car ! Insurance Rep , Claims Safe , Safe, Safe That says It all ! Easy to get into and out of Traffic !

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.