Used 2007 Volvo V50 T5 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V50 model:

bought used 2007 w/17k miles...
By volvo v50 T5 FWD

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife has the 2.0 pasat turbo wagon. fantastic car with about 5-10% more room than the v50. I love my under stated top drawer small hatchback wagon. Back seats go flat. Sound system is excellent. sport package makes for a tight efficient ride. interior is simple elegance. 80mph on fwy the car glides. Bought a 2007 fwd turbo T5 with only 17,500 miles on it for 22k fully loaded all the extras. I feel lucky right place right time and I drove it and said yes, this is mine....I also have a big chevy truck when I need it. I get about 30+ on fwy maybe even 32 if I am not heavy on the pedal. Very good car...

sound system, sport suspension, leather interior, moon roof, back seats go flat for optimal storage/function/payload

slightly deeper and wider side door storage compartments. arm rest storage could have been 6" longer with out interfering on design and or function/space. the rest is all good

My First New Car
By jeff

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first new car, but second Volvo. As you can see, i have put many miles in the comfortable drivers seat. I dread the end of the warranty period. I have traveled to Florida with my two children in car seats, Vermont with my three children in car seats. Plenty of room for a family with reasonable needs. Turbo is a must. I really wanted a sport wagon, having quit the SUV era before it even became popular. Familiar with Volvo's saftey and reliability and overall this car has perfomed. Euro styling, roof rails, turbo, interior cargo space, all were items that I wanted and received in a vehicle.

Euro styling, turbo, comfort and safety

Interior wind and tire noise. Ride is a littel harsh, but handling is great, perhaps a trade off. It would be nice to have a diesel and 5 speed.

My Little Pocket Rocket
By Allen

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I get raves from a lot of other drivers and what a blast to drive this V50 is. Fort Knox on wheels too as Volvo is famous for safety. The Japanese made tranny matched to the 218 ponies makes it a dream to drive. Easy to be at 80+ mph and feels like 40. Quick on acceleration, shoots from the gate and leaves a lot of other cars in the dust! I say Volvo finally got it right in styling, interior, safety, guts, all there! I upgraded wheels to 17", tinted all windows and this baby stands out on the road.

Looks inside out, audio upgrade, very roomy inside.

Better gas mileage, more HP (2008 has 236 vs 218 in the 2007), panoramic roof offering.

Rust Proofing
By Kathy

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My Second Volvo New , My Forth New Car ! Insurance Rep , Claims Safe , Safe, Safe That says It all ! Easy to get into and out of Traffic !

AWD , Nice Auto , Passing Power Power Memory Seats , Head Light Washers Rear Window Wiper ! Keyless entry

Better Under Coating, and Rust Proofing, Tires Ride Hard, Try Quieter Brand ! White and Black Paints , should be Clear Coated as, Much as the Metallic Paints !

2007 Volvo V50 T5
By Frank C

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Volvo follows a distinct car philosophy which is not to everyone's taste. If you like Volvo's approach to design, handling, and safety the V50 is a great choice over any small SUV. We compared the V50 to station wagons from BMW, VW, Audi, and Subaru. The BMW 3 series and Audi A4, while nice, were quite a bit more expensive. The Passat's drive train (2.0l 4 cylinder turbo) was uncompetitive. The Subaru felt tinny. In sum, the V50 offered the best compromise between performance and price.

The V50, as all Volvos, has outstanding seats. The T5 engine is powerful, especially at mid-range, without displaying any annoying turbo lag. The floating center stack is simple and ergonomically designed. Cornering radius is very good. Thoughtful safety features abound.

The key fob looks cheesy and cannot be folded. The audio sound quality with the standard sound system is so-so. While generally quite at highway speeds there is some wind noise around the side mirrors. No horn sound when looking the car. Gas mileage in city driving is rather high