Used 2007 Volvo V50 2.4i Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V50 model:

Good Car
By mattypv50

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Mine has 156,000KM on it. Bought it as a demo with 22,000KM (Canada). It's been good. Here is a list of things that needed repair: 1. Ambient temperature gauge wouldn't work causing the A/C to malfunction. This required 3 trips to the dear to fix it 2. A/C Air Compressor died around 130,000km 3. Both wheel bearings needed to be replaced 4. Both front shocks needed to be replaced 5. One day while driving the car just full on shut down. Had it towed and it was a fuel line sensor I think that's about it. So only left me stranded once. Overall, a pretty good car.

Massive Mistake
By krgrimes

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I begged my husband to trade in my '99 4Runner for a more stable vehicle on the highway so he got me an '07 Volvo V50. Took it on the highway and it was amazing, but then I started to notice little noises you wouldn't expect to hear in a "luxury" vehicle. Had the tires and rear brakes replaced and it got quieter but there is still noise. It is starting to get really hot in NC so I'm using my A/C frequently, that is of course when the compressor wants to work. Today I put my key in the ignition and the car "immobilized" because it thought I was trying to steal my own car. On top of the grinding noise in my front wheel bearings I now have electrical problems! Do not buy one!

Suggested Improvements

Electrical systems need to be fixed! Compressor need adjustments.

V50 Problems
By jroberts

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I have driven Volvo for twenty years. I traded my 1994 940 in 2007 for the V50, Big Mistake! Within the first 45 days problems began.I was told that the computer didn't find any problems. After monthly visits and 1.5 years the dealership took me seriously & VOLVO created a download to correct the car computer,things seemed better. Then 6 months later the horn began to honk for periods of 5 miles. Once again I was told that the computer didn't show a problem. Unable to deal with the monthly trips to the dealership I traded for a Mercedes. I feel like a traitor, but apparently there are problems that exist that the computer doesn't show.

Favorite Features

The ride is solid and smooth,very zippy.

Suggested Improvements

Interior storage poor,but they have addressed that now. Not for people over 6',back seat very limiting as well

Love this Wagon
By hollydnc

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

This is my first wagon and I love the style and functionality of this car. I have had a couple of stain issues with the neoprene seats, but so far they have cleaned up pretty well with upholstery cleaner. I mainly purchased this vehicle to tote around my two dogs, but I also feel stylish driving around town. A bit of a premium price, but after two years, I am a happy volvo owner. We will see if it holds up as well as my Honda after 7 years, but doing great so far.

Favorite Features

Functionality, fold down (almost flat) seats. Stylish exterior. Sound system and climate package are great. One-touch windows and sunroof a great feature.

Suggested Improvements

Arm placement for me as the driver a bit awkward, I'm still trying to get used to it.

An expection
By Aaron

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've never thought Volvo was this good. I just bought it for safety reason for kid but it exceeds my every expectation. In short, perfectly quality built for saftety without sacrificing performance and fun of driving. I got it on 15km. Overall it has been giving me satisfaction out of expectation. Very responsive, Powerful enough of its class, running stable like a rock, outstanding sound system - feel indulged driving as listening; strong sense of safety sitting in the car. Wonderful small family car, beautifully designed for storage and family traveling; every function works perfectly.

Favorite Features

Designed for safety & quality - you feel it everywhere; fantastic sound system; interior and exterior design;

Suggested Improvements

Needs more smoother steering wheel handling