Used 2007 Volvo V50 2.4i Wagon Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V50 model:

15 YR. VOLVO PERSON
By STEPHEN L.

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

At 105,000 expect to spend $2,000 for a timing belt change - too damn much when compared to other brands, and that's not the dealership. Also, little things are costly.

Finally got one!
By Mustang chef

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I drove a number of Ford Focus, my wife had a v50.....every time I drove her car I was jealous.
I finally found an 07 for myself. The car has changed my life.
It had 119k on it ,so I knew I would have to do some work on it. ..but I didn't care, for what I paid for it I was well ahead of the game and I like working on cars...it was so worth it ...They talk about the simple Sweed design....well it's pretty easy to work on too. What you typically don't hear about is how well this car is insulated....it's amazingly quiet and warm.
All cars have their problems, and this one is worth them.
I have a number of nice cars/trucks......I am The Mustang Chef
Volvos are cool.

Good Car
By mattypv50

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Mine has 156,000KM on it. Bought it as a demo with 22,000KM (Canada).

It's been good. Here is a list of things that needed repair:

1. Ambient temperature gauge wouldn't work causing the A/C to malfunction. This required 3 trips to the dear to fix it
2. A/C Air Compressor died around 130,000km
3. Both wheel bearings needed to be replaced
4. Both front shocks needed to be replaced
5. One day while driving the car just full on shut down. Had it towed and it was a fuel line sensor

I think that's about it. So only left me stranded once. Overall, a pretty good car.

Massive Mistake
By krgrimes

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I begged my husband to trade in my '99 4Runner for a more stable vehicle on the highway so he got me an '07 Volvo V50. Took it on the highway and it was amazing, but then I started to notice little noises you wouldn't expect to hear in a "luxury" vehicle. Had the tires and rear brakes replaced and it got quieter but there is still noise. It is starting to get really hot in NC so I'm using my A/C frequently, that is of course when the compressor wants to work. Today I put my key in the ignition and the car "immobilized" because it thought I was trying to steal my own car. On top of the grinding noise in my front wheel bearings I now have electrical problems! Do not buy one!

Electrical systems need to be fixed! Compressor need adjustments.

V50 Problems
By jroberts

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I have driven Volvo for twenty years. I traded my 1994 940 in 2007 for the V50, Big Mistake! Within the first 45 days problems began.I was told that the computer didn't find any problems. After monthly visits and 1.5 years the dealership took me seriously & VOLVO created a download to correct the car computer,things seemed better. Then 6 months later the horn began to honk for periods of 5 miles. Once again I was told that the computer didn't show a problem. Unable to deal with the monthly trips to the dealership I traded for a Mercedes. I feel like a traitor, but apparently there are problems that exist that the computer doesn't show.

The ride is solid and smooth,very zippy.

Interior storage poor,but they have addressed that now. Not for people over 6',back seat very limiting as well