2007 Volvo V50 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V50 model:
Good Car
By mattypv50 on 12/04/12 12:17 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Mine has 156,000KM on it. Bought it as a demo with 22,000KM (Canada). It's been good. Here is a list of things that needed repair: 1. Ambient temperature gauge wouldn't work causing the A/C to malfunction. This required 3 trips to the dear to fix it 2. A/C Air Compressor died around 130,000km 3. Both wheel bearings needed to be replaced 4. Both front shocks needed to be replaced 5. One day while driving the car just full on shut down. Had it towed and it was a fuel line sensor I think that's about it. So only left me stranded once. Overall, a pretty good car.

Massive Mistake
By krgrimes on 07/01/11 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I begged my husband to trade in my '99 4Runner for a more stable vehicle on the highway so he got me an '07 Volvo V50. Took it on the highway and it was amazing, but then I started to notice little noises you wouldn't expect to hear in a "luxury" vehicle. Had the tires and rear brakes replaced and it got quieter but there is still noise. It is starting to get really hot in NC so I'm using my A/C frequently, that is of course when the compressor wants to work. Today I put my key in the ignition and the car "immobilized" because it thought I was trying to steal my own car. On top of the grinding noise in my front wheel bearings I now have electrical problems! Do not buy one!

V50 Problems
By jroberts on 04/18/10 17:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I have driven Volvo for twenty years. I traded my 1994 940 in 2007 for the V50, Big Mistake! Within the first 45 days problems began.I was told that the computer didn't find any problems. After monthly visits and 1.5 years the dealership took me seriously & VOLVO created a download to correct the car computer,things seemed better. Then 6 months later the horn began to honk for periods of 5 miles. Once again I was told that the computer didn't show a problem. Unable to deal with the monthly trips to the dealership I traded for a Mercedes. I feel like a traitor, but apparently there are problems that exist that the computer doesn't show.

Love this Wagon
By hollydnc on 07/06/09 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

This is my first wagon and I love the style and functionality of this car. I have had a couple of stain issues with the neoprene seats, but so far they have cleaned up pretty well with upholstery cleaner. I mainly purchased this vehicle to tote around my two dogs, but I also feel stylish driving around town. A bit of a premium price, but after two years, I am a happy volvo owner. We will see if it holds up as well as my Honda after 7 years, but doing great so far.

An expection
By Aaron on 05/24/09 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've never thought Volvo was this good. I just bought it for safety reason for kid but it exceeds my every expectation. In short, perfectly quality built for saftety without sacrificing performance and fun of driving. I got it on 15km. Overall it has been giving me satisfaction out of expectation. Very responsive, Powerful enough of its class, running stable like a rock, outstanding sound system - feel indulged driving as listening; strong sense of safety sitting in the car. Wonderful small family car, beautifully designed for storage and family traveling; every function works perfectly.

By ChrisM on 10/21/08 15:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Had the car for just under a year and 16000 kms (10,000 miles). No mechanical problems at all, I have only done two scheduled maintenances on the car. My longest trip has been about 500 kms (300 mi) and the car performed very well. In town mileage has been around 24 mpg (US) and highway mileage in the mid 30s. Service at the dealership has been very good. The factory Continental tires were replaced at 36000 kms and replaced with Nokians. The factory tires never seem to last too long. Still very much enjoying my first Volvo.

First Impressions
By ChrisM on 12/17/07 11:25 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've had the car for only two weeks but here are my thoughts so far. Love the looks both inside and out, the appearance is what sold me on the V50. Excellent seats, smooth shifting automatic trans, reasonable performance from the 2.4i engine. I haven't owned a Volvo before so the long term reliability is a bit of a concern. Early versions of this model seemed to suffer from electrical problems but my research on the '07 models seemed to show they have been worked out. I will post a follow up report after I've put more mileage on it.

Great Car !
By Frank on 12/17/07 10:04 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Had the car for almost a year now and I love it more now than when I bought it. It has the ride of a Town Car and the fuel mileage is great (26-31). I bought the premium sound system and several upgrades and haven't been disapointed one bit. It's a solid car and gives a lot of bang for the buck!

First Time Luxury
By First Timer on 06/20/07 15:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

The Volvo V50 is my first time venturing into the high end car lines and it hasn't disappointed. The car is neat looking and has thus far performed very well. Didn't even notice the speed when we were cruising the 476 Blue Route at 75 mph. The ride is quiet and the feel is quite snug in this little wagon. We just became grandparents, and we wanted to be safe carting our new charge around. I think we made the right move.

V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5 cyl 5A)
By david on 11/15/06 13:12 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Just bought our V50 yesterday and had an above average experience at the local dealer. Not pushy at all. Gave us a fair value on our trade in ('93 Mazda 626). Car cost $30,000 + tax/tags. We also got 2.9% financing for 4 years. Car was loaded with following packages; Black Paint, Black Leather, Climate, Select, Trim Package, Body Styling package, Sirius Sat Radio. Very good looking wagon. I believe this was a fair price considering the added packages it came with and financing package (in lieu of incentives). Still need to drive it more for a review on handling but for a small family it appears to be a great alternative to a gas guzzling SUV.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.