Used 2007 Volvo V50 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V50 model:

Good Car
By mattypv50

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Mine has 156,000KM on it. Bought it as a demo with 22,000KM (Canada). It's been good. Here is a list of things that needed repair: 1. Ambient temperature gauge wouldn't work causing the A/C to malfunction. This required 3 trips to the dear to fix it 2. A/C Air Compressor died around 130,000km 3. Both wheel bearings needed to be replaced 4. Both front shocks needed to be replaced 5. One day while driving the car just full on shut down. Had it towed and it was a fuel line sensor I think that's about it. So only left me stranded once. Overall, a pretty good car.

Happy after 4 years/70K miles
By sheltonsheltie

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has been fantastic! Its a lease and I'm seriously considering keeping it. Have had NO problems with this car. Its been great in snow (AWD T5 Automatic is the version I have). It is sturdy, solid, and still has decent pick-up considering. The MPG is as stated. I drive in a lot of bumper to bumper / slow highway commuting traffic and get about 20 MPG.

Massive Mistake
By krgrimes

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I begged my husband to trade in my '99 4Runner for a more stable vehicle on the highway so he got me an '07 Volvo V50. Took it on the highway and it was amazing, but then I started to notice little noises you wouldn't expect to hear in a "luxury" vehicle. Had the tires and rear brakes replaced and it got quieter but there is still noise. It is starting to get really hot in NC so I'm using my A/C frequently, that is of course when the compressor wants to work. Today I put my key in the ignition and the car "immobilized" because it thought I was trying to steal my own car. On top of the grinding noise in my front wheel bearings I now have electrical problems! Do not buy one!

Electrical systems need to be fixed! Compressor need adjustments.

V50 Problems
By jroberts

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I have driven Volvo for twenty years. I traded my 1994 940 in 2007 for the V50, Big Mistake! Within the first 45 days problems began.I was told that the computer didn't find any problems. After monthly visits and 1.5 years the dealership took me seriously & VOLVO created a download to correct the car computer,things seemed better. Then 6 months later the horn began to honk for periods of 5 miles. Once again I was told that the computer didn't show a problem. Unable to deal with the monthly trips to the dealership I traded for a Mercedes. I feel like a traitor, but apparently there are problems that exist that the computer doesn't show.

The ride is solid and smooth,very zippy.

Interior storage poor,but they have addressed that now. Not for people over 6',back seat very limiting as well

bought used 2007 w/17k miles...
By volvo v50 T5 FWD

2007 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife has the 2.0 pasat turbo wagon. fantastic car with about 5-10% more room than the v50. I love my under stated top drawer small hatchback wagon. Back seats go flat. Sound system is excellent. sport package makes for a tight efficient ride. interior is simple elegance. 80mph on fwy the car glides. Bought a 2007 fwd turbo T5 with only 17,500 miles on it for 22k fully loaded all the extras. I feel lucky right place right time and I drove it and said yes, this is mine....I also have a big chevy truck when I need it. I get about 30+ on fwy maybe even 32 if I am not heavy on the pedal. Very good car...

sound system, sport suspension, leather interior, moon roof, back seats go flat for optimal storage/function/payload

slightly deeper and wider side door storage compartments. arm rest storage could have been 6" longer with out interfering on design and or function/space. the rest is all good