2007 Volvo V50 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V50 model:
Good Car
By mattypv50 on 12/04/12 12:17 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Mine has 156,000KM on it. Bought it as a demo with 22,000KM (Canada). It's been good. Here is a list of things that needed repair: 1. Ambient temperature gauge wouldn't work causing the A/C to malfunction. This required 3 trips to the dear to fix it 2. A/C Air Compressor died around 130,000km 3. Both wheel bearings needed to be replaced 4. Both front shocks needed to be replaced 5. One day while driving the car just full on shut down. Had it towed and it was a fuel line sensor I think that's about it. So only left me stranded once. Overall, a pretty good car.

Happy after 4 years/70K miles
By sheltonsheltie on 09/09/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has been fantastic! Its a lease and I'm seriously considering keeping it. Have had NO problems with this car. Its been great in snow (AWD T5 Automatic is the version I have). It is sturdy, solid, and still has decent pick-up considering. The MPG is as stated. I drive in a lot of bumper to bumper / slow highway commuting traffic and get about 20 MPG.

Massive Mistake
By krgrimes on 07/01/11 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I begged my husband to trade in my '99 4Runner for a more stable vehicle on the highway so he got me an '07 Volvo V50. Took it on the highway and it was amazing, but then I started to notice little noises you wouldn't expect to hear in a "luxury" vehicle. Had the tires and rear brakes replaced and it got quieter but there is still noise. It is starting to get really hot in NC so I'm using my A/C frequently, that is of course when the compressor wants to work. Today I put my key in the ignition and the car "immobilized" because it thought I was trying to steal my own car. On top of the grinding noise in my front wheel bearings I now have electrical problems! Do not buy one!

V50 Problems
By jroberts on 04/18/10 17:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I have driven Volvo for twenty years. I traded my 1994 940 in 2007 for the V50, Big Mistake! Within the first 45 days problems began.I was told that the computer didn't find any problems. After monthly visits and 1.5 years the dealership took me seriously & VOLVO created a download to correct the car computer,things seemed better. Then 6 months later the horn began to honk for periods of 5 miles. Once again I was told that the computer didn't show a problem. Unable to deal with the monthly trips to the dealership I traded for a Mercedes. I feel like a traitor, but apparently there are problems that exist that the computer doesn't show.

bought used 2007 w/17k miles...
By volvo v50 T5 FWD on 04/06/10 08:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife has the 2.0 pasat turbo wagon. fantastic car with about 5-10% more room than the v50. I love my under stated top drawer small hatchback wagon. Back seats go flat. Sound system is excellent. sport package makes for a tight efficient ride. interior is simple elegance. 80mph on fwy the car glides. Bought a 2007 fwd turbo T5 with only 17,500 miles on it for 22k fully loaded all the extras. I feel lucky right place right time and I drove it and said yes, this is mine....I also have a big chevy truck when I need it. I get about 30+ on fwy maybe even 32 if I am not heavy on the pedal. Very good car...

Love this Wagon
By hollydnc on 07/06/09 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

This is my first wagon and I love the style and functionality of this car. I have had a couple of stain issues with the neoprene seats, but so far they have cleaned up pretty well with upholstery cleaner. I mainly purchased this vehicle to tote around my two dogs, but I also feel stylish driving around town. A bit of a premium price, but after two years, I am a happy volvo owner. We will see if it holds up as well as my Honda after 7 years, but doing great so far.

An expection
By Aaron on 05/24/09 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've never thought Volvo was this good. I just bought it for safety reason for kid but it exceeds my every expectation. In short, perfectly quality built for saftety without sacrificing performance and fun of driving. I got it on 15km. Overall it has been giving me satisfaction out of expectation. Very responsive, Powerful enough of its class, running stable like a rock, outstanding sound system - feel indulged driving as listening; strong sense of safety sitting in the car. Wonderful small family car, beautifully designed for storage and family traveling; every function works perfectly.

Great!... but not THAT Great!
By ralf on 02/09/09 14:53 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've driven for over 2 years, lease is up in a few months. The negatives are always easier so... Visibility: Ironically, the safety features detract from visibility. I removed the huge rear seat head supports in order to see the small rear window. The front columns are so thick they create a blind spot. Eats up power steering fluid (typical European?)- Have to replenish in less than 1 year. Wind Noise as stated elsewhere. I avoid bumps. It DOES NOT ride like a Town Car. Maybe it's the stock Contis? They're terrible in the snow. Pros: Adequate acceleration, I don't need 0- 60 in 5 secs. Very responsive handling, just don't run out of the expensive PS fluid. Great Looks.

By ChrisM on 10/21/08 15:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Had the car for just under a year and 16000 kms (10,000 miles). No mechanical problems at all, I have only done two scheduled maintenances on the car. My longest trip has been about 500 kms (300 mi) and the car performed very well. In town mileage has been around 24 mpg (US) and highway mileage in the mid 30s. Service at the dealership has been very good. The factory Continental tires were replaced at 36000 kms and replaced with Nokians. The factory tires never seem to last too long. Still very much enjoying my first Volvo.

My First New Car
By jeff on 05/19/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first new car, but second Volvo. As you can see, i have put many miles in the comfortable drivers seat. I dread the end of the warranty period. I have traveled to Florida with my two children in car seats, Vermont with my three children in car seats. Plenty of room for a family with reasonable needs. Turbo is a must. I really wanted a sport wagon, having quit the SUV era before it even became popular. Familiar with Volvo's saftey and reliability and overall this car has perfomed. Euro styling, roof rails, turbo, interior cargo space, all were items that I wanted and received in a vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.