Best Sport Wagon
By Chris Brown on
2006 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
Options: premium package with leather and roof. I'm certainly not a wagon fan, and I hate SUV's even more, the big ones are the worst. This car is just plain sexy. It looks great, it drives great, and it's so practical. Ride and handling is better than my C240 trade-in, and in acceleration there's no comparison. I like an upscale car, Volvo is one of the top-tier brands, and I was drawn to it for something with more utility than my sedan. I also have a 3-series convertible and it's fantastic, but the 3-series wagon is pretty plain-jane, and so is the Mercedes wagons. Besides, the Volvo is at least 6 or 8 grand less with comparable equipment. Highly recommended.
Favorite Features
Low stance, outstanding ride - comfortable and quiet, luxury features and amenities, lots of hi-tech electronics like 3-memory seat, auto rear wiper, auto headlights, home-safe lighting. Great handling car with SUV utility. Outstanding heating/AC auto-function.
Suggested Improvements
Larger door pockets Rear seat heat/AC vents (besides floor ducts) Auto moisture sense wipers as standard feature.