2006 Volvo V50 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V50 model:
so glad i got rid of my toyota !
By jj on 12/13/05 09:13 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

got rid of a 4runner 2005 the best day of my life. toyotas have great reputation on the engine reliability but someone forgot style and comfort. the v50 is amazing i want to drive. i want to take a hard turn and the geartronic is so much fun to drive. the back seat might be a little small for big passengers, but oh well that is the only bad thing and not really a problem.

Great Little Wagon
By jjholmgr on 10/15/05 15:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Worth a look if you need a flexible vehicle for a small family. Power is solid even with auto although doesn't "feel" as quick as I expected. Seats are super comfortable. New cloth/suede material is very nice and seems to be more durable than old Volvo cloth/vinyl interiors. Gas tank is a little small compared to other Volvos but we average 27 mpg in mixed driving, best was 30. We already have snow on the ground and the DTSC keeps it sure footed even without AWD--I'm not convinced it is worth the extra plus you loss mpg.

Little room for improvement
By grochef on 10/03/05 20:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I took delivery of this beauty in Sweden. The price was reduced and lodging was a bargain. Do it if you have the time. I have 13,000 miles on my V50 and I still look forward to driving to work or just driving. It's got lots of pep and it handles like a sports sedan. A couple of upgrades to the firmware took care of some radio and climate control quirks.

Fred's Volvo V50
By Fred Torres on 09/28/05 20:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car from Power Volvo Irvine. Picked up the car in Gothenborg, Sweden. Drove it for 4,800 miles in Northern Europe (Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, France) for five weeks. It's Autobahn certified. Lots of fun. This car is as good as claimed. Lots of get-up-and-go, extremely brisk. The car is now garaged here at our home in California and it has become a precious and memorable souvenir.

Fabulous car
By amo on 08/26/05 16:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I was torn between the BMW X3 and this car. However, after I drove the Volvo V50 there was no more competition--you have to drive this car to believe how great it is! The seats are extremely comfortable, it comes with a whiplash protection system, the storage capacity is huge (you wouldn't believe how much stuff this car holds), and the back sets have a lot more leg-room than the BMW 3 series wagons.

Sports car with space
By Mike on 08/12/05 19:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. It's the smallest of the three Volvos I've owned (previous cars: 245DL wagon and an 850 sedan), but by far the most fun. I wanted a car with sports car-like handling and acceleration, but I also wanted space in the back to accommodate, for instance, a couple of bales of peat moss. I got it all. The car flies--merging onto the highway is really fun now--and its power is evident at low RPMs, too. I have the brushed aluminum interior and it's very cool. Cons: There's not a great deal of storage space up front, and the back seats are a little tight for normal-sized adults, but we have an SUV for long trips. A great driver's car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.