2006 Volvo V50 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - 4 Years of Monthly Warranty

2006 Volvo V50 - Consumer Review

2006 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

T5 Wagon (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

4 Years of Monthly Warranty Repairs
By Renee on

2006 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this vehicle just under 4 yrs. Beginning around 10k miles started having issues. Door locks worked intermittently, small stones would get caught in the rotors,making an awful metal on metal sound, the battery died/car needed towed to dealer at 25k miles, door locks worked sometimes, other times got locked in and had to crawl across passenger seat to get out, a piece of the roof rack would fall off during car washes, and the gas gasket went. Many of things were unable to be fixed and needed multiple service appts. This was my first and probably last Volvo. I just traded this in for a new Honda, mostly due to the reliability. But I'll miss driving this. It was a blast to drive.

Favorite Features

Tight steering, good road feel, seems to hug the road. Quick and responsive. Just fun to drive. Flies up hills.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be more reliable, period. Brakes could be a little more sensitive. More internal storage.