2005 Volvo V50 Consumer Review: Volvo V50

2005 Volvo V50 - Consumer Review

Volvo V50
By T Forbes on

2005 Volvo V50 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I bought this car while overseas. I saved money but the process was complicated. Generally, however, this is a very solid, well designed car with many useful, standard features. The performance with the standard engine is better than adequate. I have already driven it in the snow and it is great. I did have a problem with the vapor recovery system that took 3 days to fix, but the dealer was responsive and gave me a loaner (S40 with turbo - faster but displayed turbo lag). Hopefully, the problems are behind me, as I am looking forward to many useful miles. This is my first Volvo (Honda and VW's in the past) and so far it has been positive.

2.4i engine, handling, controls/driver interface, nice standard radio, miles to empty display

More robust vapor recovery system. Also, the cargo cover assembly is too complicated and takes up too much room; a simple roll-out cover would be better. Trip computer should include elapsed mileage and time.