2005 Volvo V50 Consumer Review: Not an Auspicious Start

2005 Volvo V50 - Consumer Review

T5 Wagon (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Not an Auspicious Start
By R. Firenze on

2005 Volvo V50 T5 AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've always wanted a Volvo turbo wagon. When I came across a left over 05 T5 AWD..I decided to take a chance on a non-Japanese made car. After only 3K I'm not sure it was a wise decision. Car developed serious left pull,door hinge squeaked loudly,radio freezes on occasion, hinged door on cargo cover rattles so badly I've simply removed it, armrest storage lid stuck and was replaced, as was the power steering pump..yep. It does drive nicely.Ample power.Good handling.Great in foul weather even w/17" wheels and stock all-season Pilots.I'm averaging 20.2 MPG. After years of driving Japanese cars and dreaming of owing a Volvo I can only hope this doesn't turn out to be a nightmare.

Power.Handling.Haldex AWD.Lots of safety features..including the safe approach lighting.Premium Stereo is great when working. Seats are very comfortable..T-Tec material is great.. having them heated is a bonus.

Improve fuel efficiency.Storage up front is seriously lacking..door pockets are a joke.Better cargo cover mechanism.More leg room in back for my passengers.