Used 2005 Volvo V50 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volvo V50 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V50 model:

V50 Fun Sportswagon
By gdsommlier

2005 Volvo V50 T5 AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Great sportswagon with attitude. People think Volvo's can not be fun to drive only safe cars instead. If that what you think, I recommend that you try this vehicle with the T5 and AWD. Get it out on a highway and a curvy country road and you will agree. gdsommlier

Love my V50 T5 AWD
By KD

2005 Volvo V50 T5 AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove several small wagons, small SUV's and this car was head & shoulders above the rest. Love the heated seats. Easily load skis! Now I've had the car for just over 6 months and I STILL LOVE IT! Now have about 8000 miles on it. Would buy this car again.

minimalist design, clean lines, comfort, heated seats

cargo cover is cumbersome & to remove the plastic casing that holds the cover is even more work, not getting the higher end fuel economy I expected.

Volvo Sport Wagon
By s reich

2005 Volvo V50 T5 Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car-- it is fun to drive and is very nimble in traffic. The sound system, control panel and most of all the ergonomics of the seating are precisely right for my needs and comfort. I am a small person, and this is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. Even my husband-- a designer-- has come to enjoy driving it, and I like the fact that although it feels very safe and solid, I don't feel like it is a "mom" wagon (nothing against moms-- I am one (!) but am beyond the car seat stage). I do not understand why this car is not being promoted more visibly by Volvo, as it is unusual and perhaps appealing to a different female market than the typical Volvo consumer.

Volvo made it again!
By henrik

2005 Volvo V50 T5 Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

A great car from Volco again! Now they have added some new things to their basket; fun and design now joins reliability and safety. Some minor flaws in the exterior design...otherwise; buy it!

Luv My Car
By LvnMycar

2005 Volvo V50 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I am enjoying my car. My last car was a new convertable (too small) then before it a SUV. This car gives me lots of room and sporty so it does not feel like a "Mom wagon." I have the upgrade sound system which I love and the sports package! It has a smooth drive and comfortable on long trips.

Sound system,lots of room and saftey features.

compartments for smaller items.