2005 Volvo V50 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V50 model:
V50 WOW!
By Bklyn38 on 04/15/06 00:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I am amazed at the quick & comfortable performance. This is my 5th Volvo and by far the best. Runs on regular gas with 23.5 City and 32 h'way milage when driven hard. Exceptionally reliable. No problems. Catches stares and compliments even in Manhattan!

Not an Auspicious Start
By R. Firenze on 03/23/06 16:00 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've always wanted a Volvo turbo wagon. When I came across a left over 05 T5 AWD..I decided to take a chance on a non-Japanese made car. After only 3K I'm not sure it was a wise decision. Car developed serious left pull,door hinge squeaked loudly,radio freezes on occasion, hinged door on cargo cover rattles so badly I've simply removed it, armrest storage lid stuck and was replaced, as was the power steering pump..yep. It does drive nicely.Ample power.Good handling.Great in foul weather even w/17" wheels and stock all-season Pilots.I'm averaging 20.2 MPG. After years of driving Japanese cars and dreaming of owing a Volvo I can only hope this doesn't turn out to be a nightmare.

Joys of the 6-Speed
By Gin on 03/20/06 19:47 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I researched the car for about 9 months but had to wait to get the manual transmission. So far it has been a good experience, but it doesn't get as good mileage as my husband's BMW X3 2.5L, and the alternator went at approx. 7K miles. Highs are the great (stiff) road feel, peppiness, high-quality interior, awesome sound system, and ample back storage. Lows are the mileage and minimal front storage. I live in New England and find that the climate package is well worth the added cash.

Great Car
By Rick on 03/17/06 16:02 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I also have a V40. I love the V50T. It drives great, gets good gas mileage. We are retirees, but we enjoy the spunk, reputation, and durability of the vehicle. The style is outstanding. We have a lot of people come up and admire the car.

V50 Fun Sportswagon
By gdsommlier on 01/23/06 17:36 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Great sportswagon with attitude. People think Volvo's can not be fun to drive only safe cars instead. If that what you think, I recommend that you try this vehicle with the T5 and AWD. Get it out on a highway and a curvy country road and you will agree. gdsommlier

Love my V50 T5 AWD
By KD on 01/12/06 11:49 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove several small wagons, small SUV's and this car was head & shoulders above the rest. Love the heated seats. Easily load skis! Now I've had the car for just over 6 months and I STILL LOVE IT! Now have about 8000 miles on it. Would buy this car again.

Volvo Sport Wagon
By s reich on 11/18/05 16:34 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car-- it is fun to drive and is very nimble in traffic. The sound system, control panel and most of all the ergonomics of the seating are precisely right for my needs and comfort. I am a small person, and this is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. Even my husband-- a designer-- has come to enjoy driving it, and I like the fact that although it feels very safe and solid, I don't feel like it is a "mom" wagon (nothing against moms-- I am one (!) but am beyond the car seat stage). I do not understand why this car is not being promoted more visibly by Volvo, as it is unusual and perhaps appealing to a different female market than the typical Volvo consumer.

Volvo made it again!
By henrik on 10/01/05 20:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

A great car from Volco again! Now they have added some new things to their basket; fun and design now joins reliability and safety. Some minor flaws in the exterior design...otherwise; buy it!

Luv My Car
By LvnMycar on 06/11/05 12:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I am enjoying my car. My last car was a new convertable (too small) then before it a SUV. This car gives me lots of room and sporty so it does not feel like a "Mom wagon." I have the upgrade sound system which I love and the sports package! It has a smooth drive and comfortable on long trips.

Nice Ride
By sean & patti on 06/06/05 07:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My wife and I have been driving our new V50 for a little over a month now and have put on 1200 miles. It's definitely a fun car to drive. The cockpit is designed well with all knobs and buttons in easy reach. We ordered the 17" wheels and love the look they add to the car. It surprises our friends when we stomp on the gas. There is definitely enough power coming out of the engine to satisfy. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a small wagon.