Used 2005 Volvo V50 T5 Wagon Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V50 model:

Too many problems.
By Sally

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Our V50 has been in the shop a lot. Problems with the radio, the auto rear view mirror, the alignment, the radio, the outside temp indicator, engine cutting out. Can't remember how many computer upgrades have been done. The electronics on this car are terrible. Just got it out of the shop again--engine light on and the engine would cut out. Cost me over $500 to repair--this time it was the fuel pressure sensor which surprise needed to have another computer upgrade. Expensive to repair.

Fun to drive--that's about it.

Go back to the drawing board.

Electronic Problems, costly maintenance
By sue

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I like driving the V50. The problem with it is the electronices. Had to have the air worked on twice under warranty thank God. The home link, the air conditioning, radio and the cruise control have all needed computer updates. I'm afraid of what will happen when it goes off warranty. Less than 5,000 miles left. I was also told that Volvo doesn't offer extended warranties. I would have to buy one of the after market warranties. The cost of regular maintenance is high. The maintenance today costs me over $500. That was an oil change, cabin filter change, coolant flush and front brake pads.

Fun to drive, lots of get up and go.

They need to get it together on the electronics.

2 1/2 years with my V50
By fluffy

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my V50 as soon as they came out in 2004. I thought the novelty of this beauty would wear off, but now almost 3 years later, we are still in love with this car. It drives superbly, handles excellently, gas mileage is great, comfortable and elegant. We are a family of 4 (all slim though) and fit very well, the kid seats in the back are a huge plus with no ruining of leather. Have traveled all over Europe and the US in it so far and haven't had any problems whatsoever with mechanics. Never had anything broken in it, unlike the 2005 S40 T5 my husband owns, which has had a few problems too many for my comfort. I recommend this car to all, as it is a super deal for your money!

Beautiful design! Stability control, flat folding back seats, child seats that convert to regular seats in 2 seconds, the computer that tells you important info. No clutter of a billion buttons.

none really, satisfied with everything!

The Worst Car of My Life
By bob

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has 44,000 miles.since Feb'06, it has been on a flatbed 3x because it wouldn't start.Two of those times, I was on vacation 500 and 350 miles from home.They "fixed" it once.This car is a nightmare. Two sets of tire by 45000 @ $200/tire. Cd player has been replaced.Fuel line has been replaced.Rear wiper has fallen off.Should I expect more for a car in the $30+K range.Volvo customer care is a joke.They do not care."On Call" operators never told me about trip interruption insurance (I've talked to about 6 of them). I received the info form a dealer.If this is any indication of Volvo quality-forget it. I cannot wait to rid myself of this car. This is the worst car purchase of my life.

fuel economy-handling-power

rear a/c vents, back your product(if it's bad-do something about it to uphold your reputation as a "quality" car);more reasonable tires

Great Car..BUT
By Al

2005 Volvo V50 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car to look at and drive, a stylish interior is always a pleasure to sit in.Got the car fully loaded with sport package and body kit. Practical with lots of cargo space. Gas mileage is around 25 mainly in city driving A cautionary note - I had a problem with road noise/ front suspension , Dealer could not fix it, went to Lemon Law,the car was inspected 4/11/06 by Volvo to confirm the noise was still present after their 4 repair attempts. Four months later I still have not had a refund or replacement and am applying to the State for Arbitration.

Memory seats when they remember, smooth zippy engine

Better customer care from both dealer and Volvo if you want to be considered a Premium Brand