2004 Volvo V40 Consumer Review: Bitter-Sweet Feelings for the

2004 Volvo V40 - Consumer Review

Bitter-Sweet Feelings for the Vovo V40
By BrainEdge on

2004 Volvo V40 LSE 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

On the first long trip, the engine light came up. Then again, and again. For the first 2000 miles drive, the car was 15 days in the dealership service bay. Then, the best feature of its turbo was not set right. The dash lights keep coming up every now and then without any pattern. Still not fully 'exorcised' and the warranty is over. I will probably never buy a Volvo again, safety or no safety! If your car transmission dies suddenly on a freeway, I don't know how you call it safe or reliable. But only one thing I like about it, the peppy turbo charged engine. Muscle car drivers hate its guts!

Definitely the turbocharged engine. The premium sound is enthralling. Headlight wipers do attract nice comments from drive-thru window attendants. Compared to my Camry's soft suspension, I like V40 sportier suspension.

I would have said to Volvo company to discontinue this car but they already did it and nothing compares V40 styling other than their SUV.