Goodbye Old Paint
By Victor the Volvo on
2002 Volvo V40 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
I just traded in Old Vic aged 98,000 miles. I have read other reviews and found them unappreciative. First, you need never be ashamed to pull up in a Volvo, no matter where, no matter how small. Second, although maintenance wasn't cheap, it was great at my local Volvo Dealer - Coast of Sarasota - very professional and thorough. Third, this car was gas-efficient and capable of carrying a number of dogs, cargo, and other assorted living/inert objects with grace. Fourth, it was comfortable. You sank into the seats, not on top of them. A million organized cubbyholes for all your junk are provided. It's a nice, sane, well- planned ride. Great visibility. I hope you enjoy it.
Favorite Features
Luxury appointments, good pick up, good gas mileage, good performance, good cubbyholes, good comfort, good cargo/dog room, WONDERFUL rear seats that fold upward, 60/40 seats, excellent safety features, cargo flexibility thanks to those fold-up seats. I bought the car for the dogs and they loved it.
Suggested Improvements
Brakes need replacement more often than other cars I have owned. Car is a tad light and tends to get blown by big trucks. Bulbs go out frequently-- Volvo dealer replaces them free. Front bumper is low (design flaw) and you have to be careful about parking stanchions.