Used 2000 Volvo V40 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Volvo V40 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo 4-speed Automatic - (27 reviews )

Best car I have ever owned
By ishq

2000 Volvo V40 Wagon 4dr Wagon

Solid, reliable, sporty and can fit everything either in it or on it. I purchased this car after a friend wrapped his Volvo around a telephone pole and walked away w/only a scratch or two. I was surprised to find out how nimble this little wagon is. Must get V rated tires, but it is worth it. Kept up w/maintenance schedule, and has run like a charm for 195,000 miles. Showing no signs of quitting soon. Highly recommend this car.

Love my Volvo Wagon
By Leah M

2000 Volvo V40 Wagon 4dr Wagon

I love this wagon and sadly now looking at having to replace it soon. I drive a lot, have over 208,000 miles, and have had three to four minor crashes in this car. However, I have never been injured and walked away fine. Three times I have been rear ended and the next day, no neck pain or injury, I felt nothing. The first time I found out the frame was bent from the impact! This has been a great car for driving and on gas mileage, with a few issues, but overall I love it and it has served me well.

Seats, comfort, handling, gas mileage, exterior look

Although it is impressive a Volvo has a cup holder, it is placed bad and breaks easy. Interior lights and back brakes.

Sweet Ride
By Sunny

2000 Volvo V40 Wagon 4dr Wagon

In school I used to work part-time in a Volvo dealership and saw so many cars come in for scheduled maintenance still going strong with 200,000+ miles, so I decided to buy one myself. The V40 I bought was an excellent choice. It looks sharp and is a joy to drive. It's much faster than most would imagine with the DOHC and is very responsive. It's refined looking but has enough space in the back for most errands. I moved to CA from the East Coast with everything I owned piled high in the back after folding down the seats. No problems at all. As with all Volvos, it's better to get the V40 serviced at a dealership. Do this and you're sure to have a reliable, handsome car for years.

Acceleration, responsiveness, front seats, stock sound system, and the feeling of roominess in the car.

DO NOT buy this model... EVER
By Cynthia

2000 Volvo V40 Wagon 4dr Wagon

I have had nothing but major headaches with this vehicle ever since the 5 yr/50,000 mi. warranty expired. From O2 sensor problems, faulty engine mounts,transmission replacement at 80,000 mi., several brake pad kits, fuel regulator, battery, constant alignments, gaskets/seals,timing belt. The cupholder broke in first 3 months,as did armrest, front wipers, moonroof and passenger side mirror- I have had to spend more money on this car than I ever did on my Toyota Camry in 15 years of life. Either I got a lemon, or this is the worst car ever designed. Just skip Volvo altogether- It's expensive and not what it used to be

None

ALL- Just overhaul the model and get the kinks out

V40 is a disappointment
By NHDriver

2000 Volvo V40 Wagon 4dr Wagon

Used for highway driving primarily, this vehicle has not performed well, interior is not forgiving, & bulbs go out frequently. VERY expensive to maintain - and other owners of this model seem to agree.

Heated Seats and warning lights.

skip this model.