Still Love my Volvo S90 After 8 Years
By Sharon on
1998 Volvo S90 4dr Sedan
I bought this car after a friend of mine had an accident and almost died in a compact car. I traded my one year old Buick Century for my first non-American car. It was the best decision I ever made. I bought it at 25,000 when it came off lease at 2 years old. I have had the maintenance done on the car that the book suggests and have had very little problem with it. At 130,000 miles, I will still take it anywhere. The 6 cyl engine is still as smooth as it was. Still handles great. She still looks new. Every once in a while I will go and look at a new S80 and will get all excited about it but after I get back in my car I think, why? I would buy it all over again!!
Favorite Features
Fun to drive. Turns on a dime. RWD. Sound system is great. Easy on the body on long trips. Large trunk. Large gas tank is such a plus. I can go over 400 miles on a Interstate trip. Leather still looks almost new. I love it when people think she's new!!
Suggested Improvements
Cup holder is a big flaw for this car. She eats tires but I keep the performance rating on the car. You can put a lower speed rating tire on but you will loose the wonderful gripping power of the road, cornering, and ride. I changed to synthetic oil around 100k miles.