1998 Volvo S90 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.9L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (28 reviews )
Represent Volvo Well
By SmithDB on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S90 4dr Sedan

My new/used S90 only has 55,000 miles on it now and has been nothing but flawless. The inline 6 engine is like silk and shifts are smooth and powerful. The intertior is like riding in a private jet with all of the neccessary amenities in top fit and finish. I have made a good purchase and for somebody who keeps their cars for at least six years I feel that this S90 will last. I would expect nothing less from a car company that produces million mile examples of rolling strength (Volvo).

1998 Volvo S90 - J Vines
By J Vines on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S90 4dr Sedan

We bought it as a program car in June, 2001. It is now Sept, 2003. Car has 85,000 miles on it now. Other than a new timing belt and serpentine belt and a set of plugs, nothing has been done except change oil/filter every 3K miles. Performance and handling are outstanding! Comfort and back support are excellent. Reliability is outstanding. Even on long trips, we arrive rested and in comfort. It is rated for premium fuel, but I run good regular gas with no problems. I expect the car to last at least 200K miles. I don't understand why it doesn't hold its value very well on the used car market. A Volvo like mine would be a bargain for anyone.

young guy loves his volvo
By CANNON on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S90 4dr Sedan

very classy vehicle inside and out, good performance and outstanding handling at high speeds. great stereo and speaker system. lots of trunk space...this car made driving fun again!

best volvo
By Ariel S on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Volvo S90 4dr Sedan

I love this car, it is extreamly safe full of luxury and is fast. what more could you want in a car?

WOW!
By RamonSanchez316 on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Volvo S90 4dr Sedan

This is the absolutely without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned! We have an Infiniti I30, a Volvo 240, and a Mitsubishi Eclipse, and this is all of those vehicles combined plus! Bring this car back!

I Love This car!!
By STUBBERFIELD on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo S90 4dr Sedan

This is my 6th and favorite Volvo! I will drive it till the wheels fall off! Other than routine maintinence I haven't had any problems and I have over 80K miles

VOLVO S90 1998
By Gus on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Volvo S90 4dr Sedan

had problems with small stuff, airbag light kept coming on, abs light. biggest problem was the track on the sun roof broke serverl time (PLASTIC)

Ok on Volvo S90
By VolvoOwner777 on 03/08/02 23:48 PM (PST)

1998 Volvo S90 4dr Sedan

I like this car. It has been sturdy and reliable. Note, however, that I did buy it before warranty expiration and I did have some warrantied replacement work done on the interior leather panels, and had an engine temperature sensor and thermostat replaced (cheerfully) by the dealer.