2010 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Almost Perfect
By Enrique on 07/14/10 21:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Comparing my new 2010 S80, 3.2 to what I have driven before: Audi A6, 2.7T, Volvo XC90 3.2 and Volvo S60 T5. Let's just say when it comes to speed, it leaves much to desire. I miss that PUNCH when I floor it. The dealer warned me it wasn't as fast as what I was used to driving, but got a great deal. Dealer said car had 235 hp which is okay with me i guess. The car is elegant on the outside as it is inside. The design is signature Volvo with a slight modern flair that makes people look twice. the enlarged name and logo really make a statement too. handles well, but not impressed. comfort is unrivaled! quiet engine.

S80
By RD on 07/14/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the car a week know and overall I'm very impressed. This being my 4th S80, they keep getting a bit better each year. Bought basically due to the comfort, reliability and safety. I have never had a breakdown in a Volvo - hope it continues. With the end of year incentives out there, this car is hard to beat for the value.

Love the new s-80
By john w on 06/24/10 14:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned an 04 V-70 with a n/a 2.4 5 cylinder we were well acquainted with the Volvo brand, I also own an 05 V-70. We have the PZEV 220 hp engine and it is plenty peppy, decent on fuel on the highway, not so much around town 19 mpg. The overall build quality is superb,the standard equipment is mind boggling, leather is standard, not so with mb/audi/bmw! Hd radio and bluetooth! Oh and did I mention the seats, the most comfortable seats period! It is a fun car to drive, Volvo tweaked the shift points and our 3.2 pzev flies, great ride not as punishing as our 04 V-70. I looked and drove audi/mb/bmw a-6/e class/5 series. It is true they have more potent engines but for thousands less!JHW

Safety above Speed Reasonable MPG
By Johnston on 04/13/10 12:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Considered the usual European competition before jumping into this one W/BlueTooth, BLIS and Xenons . After checking some Volvo Forums & Tire Rack.com I decided to ditch the OEM tires and go with Bridgestone Pole Position tires after 3k Miles. It made a world of difference in the ride and even though I have 17" wheels most people who have the 18" wheels complain their rides "harder" then mine !!! Love the ride now! Couldn't pry me out of it if you wanted me too. This is my second leased car, might have to keep it when the lease is up.

2010 S80, trying another Volvo
By Jon on 03/09/10 16:40 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have about 4500 on my black Volvo S80. This is my second Volvo, I traded in a 03 S60 on this one. So far so good. Much improved over the S60 in terms of build quality, and materials. Only complaints are the engine noise at cruising speeds, seems intrusive for a car that costs this much. I drove Audi, Volkswagen, and Lexus and and went with Volvo for the price. I am happy with the choice.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo S80 Sedan in VA is:

$122 per month*