Used 2010 Volvo S80 3.2 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Almost Perfect
By Enrique

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Comparing my new 2010 S80, 3.2 to what I have driven before: Audi A6, 2.7T, Volvo XC90 3.2 and Volvo S60 T5. Let's just say when it comes to speed, it leaves much to desire. I miss that PUNCH when I floor it. The dealer warned me it wasn't as fast as what I was used to driving, but got a great deal. Dealer said car had 235 hp which is okay with me i guess. The car is elegant on the outside as it is inside. The design is signature Volvo with a slight modern flair that makes people look twice. the enlarged name and logo really make a statement too. handles well, but not impressed. comfort is unrivaled! quiet engine.

the best features on the S80 are the bluetooth, seats, leather steering wheel and the safety. bluetooth is great for hands free driving and no earpiece to worry about. the seats are a 10! the steering wheel is just elegant! the safety just gives good piece of mind.

Clunky rims. might change stock out for more sleek Volvo rims. Volvo was a little too conservative with the distribution of hp with this car. i wish it had at least 250 hp. is that too much to ask? ignition key...annoying! cant turn car on from passenger side without stepping on the brake!

S80
By RD

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the car a week know and overall I'm very impressed. This being my 4th S80, they keep getting a bit better each year. Bought basically due to the comfort, reliability and safety. I have never had a breakdown in a Volvo - hope it continues. With the end of year incentives out there, this car is hard to beat for the value.

It has everything I want without the complexity that some cars present. The 3.2 runs on reg gas and seats are perfect, not too plush and not overly firm. Best of all once you set the customization options up, everything is basically automatic.

Heated steering wheel and maybe heated windshield wipers if this could be done. I like the older style of wood time better, not sure why 2 finishes are needed.

Love the new s-80
By john w

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned an 04 V-70 with a n/a 2.4 5 cylinder we were well acquainted with the Volvo brand, I also own an 05 V-70. We have the PZEV 220 hp engine and it is plenty peppy, decent on fuel on the highway, not so much around town 19 mpg. The overall build quality is superb,the standard equipment is mind boggling, leather is standard, not so with mb/audi/bmw! Hd radio and bluetooth! Oh and did I mention the seats, the most comfortable seats period! It is a fun car to drive, Volvo tweaked the shift points and our 3.2 pzev flies, great ride not as punishing as our 04 V-70. I looked and drove audi/mb/bmw a-6/e class/5 series. It is true they have more potent engines but for thousands less!JHW

Interior/sound system, sound of engine, ride. Overall quality. Zero problems!

MPG in the city

Safety above Speed Reasonable MPG
By Johnston

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Considered the usual European competition before jumping into this one W/BlueTooth, BLIS and Xenons . After checking some Volvo Forums & Tire Rack.com I decided to ditch the OEM tires and go with Bridgestone Pole Position tires after 3k Miles. It made a world of difference in the ride and even though I have 17" wheels most people who have the 18" wheels complain their rides "harder" then mine !!! Love the ride now! Couldn't pry me out of it if you wanted me too. This is my second leased car, might have to keep it when the lease is up.

Blinds Spot Information system[BLIS] especially when you have those headrests up in the back or 4 people in the car. 3 Stage Heated Front & Rear seats glad to adjust the temperature on the buns. Bluetooth & Sirius Radio w/traffic reports. Xenon head lights. Car will run on 89-91 Octane Fuel.

OEM Tires, No High beam with Xenons, Wind-shield wiper stalk should be incorporated into turn signal stalk confusing to have 1 on each side of steering wheel. Vehicle should only have one stalk on left side of wheel.

2010 S80, trying another Volvo
By Jon

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have about 4500 on my black Volvo S80. This is my second Volvo, I traded in a 03 S60 on this one. So far so good. Much improved over the S60 in terms of build quality, and materials. Only complaints are the engine noise at cruising speeds, seems intrusive for a car that costs this much. I drove Audi, Volkswagen, and Lexus and and went with Volvo for the price. I am happy with the choice.

Love the Scandinavian design, both inside and outside. Great stereo. Very comfortable seats.

Engine noise at cruise. Transmission gets into high gears to fast which makes the car feel bogged down at lower speeds. But then again I prefer manual trans over auto. Wish I was getting a few more MPG, only seeing 23 on the highway cruising at 70 mph