Used 2010 Volvo S80 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Best of the three!
By brianluigi

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

i work with a us volvo dealer as a tech and i have to say the S80 with the V8 is my favorite! amazing design with the engine. today i reached 130 in seconds while taking a curve. this car deserves its rightful place next to any mercedes benz or audi. its classy, makes you feel like you own your city inside, and when you see a speeder you can pass them with ease. the only thing i dont like about this car is that its a little too quick. It makes me want to run from the cops when they try to pull me over for speeding.

Interior: EVERYTHING Exterior: i get looks all over so it dosent matter. i like it. Engine power: classy yet sporty. look its fast and classy but fun at the same time for a decent price. I cant find anything i dont like about this car. it does however make me not like any other car. i dont speed in any other car unless its this or faster. but usually its this because i acutally enjoy it. GO VOLVO!

for this model none. well maybe a twin turbo kit would be a fun option to buy but now im asking for too much.

My favorite car
By jm1955

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My first Volvo was an XC90. While being serviced I was given a 2010 S80 loaner. I purchased one 3 months later. I had wanted the V8, but they were in short supply and being discontinued. The turbo was a great second choice. I have the sport suspension and most bells and whistles. Most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. All my passengers comment on the comfort, ride and appearance of the car. Great simple design cabin with easy controls. This car is fast! I rarely get beat off the line by all the higher end sports sedans. This car is a well kept secret. Ssshh! Don't tell many others, I like being different.

Seats, Ride, Power and pretty much everything else.

Not thrilled with gps. Not as good as my 2007 XC90. Not good street detail.

Never more comfortable
By Anonymous

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the S80 V8 AWD with the executive package. Never have I been happier with a car, and I've had 25 in the past 26 years. The ride rivals my old Mercedes 420SEL. Massaging seats a nice bonus. Awesome power, good enough handling, and hours of comfort on 5 hour drives every weekend. I have a bad back, and BMW/Audi/Mercedes are too stiff. Cadillac/Lincoln are to "glitzy". Love the understated beauty of the car. Most comfortable seats in the world.

Comfort, power, ride is unbelievable

larger trunk opening, blue tooth for hands free dialing. on dash works fine, but like the idea of all voice activated

Almost Perfect
By Enrique

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Comparing my new 2010 S80, 3.2 to what I have driven before: Audi A6, 2.7T, Volvo XC90 3.2 and Volvo S60 T5. Let's just say when it comes to speed, it leaves much to desire. I miss that PUNCH when I floor it. The dealer warned me it wasn't as fast as what I was used to driving, but got a great deal. Dealer said car had 235 hp which is okay with me i guess. The car is elegant on the outside as it is inside. The design is signature Volvo with a slight modern flair that makes people look twice. the enlarged name and logo really make a statement too. handles well, but not impressed. comfort is unrivaled! quiet engine.

the best features on the S80 are the bluetooth, seats, leather steering wheel and the safety. bluetooth is great for hands free driving and no earpiece to worry about. the seats are a 10! the steering wheel is just elegant! the safety just gives good piece of mind.

Clunky rims. might change stock out for more sleek Volvo rims. Volvo was a little too conservative with the distribution of hp with this car. i wish it had at least 250 hp. is that too much to ask? ignition key...annoying! cant turn car on from passenger side without stepping on the brake!

S80
By RD

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the car a week know and overall I'm very impressed. This being my 4th S80, they keep getting a bit better each year. Bought basically due to the comfort, reliability and safety. I have never had a breakdown in a Volvo - hope it continues. With the end of year incentives out there, this car is hard to beat for the value.

It has everything I want without the complexity that some cars present. The 3.2 runs on reg gas and seats are perfect, not too plush and not overly firm. Best of all once you set the customization options up, everything is basically automatic.

Heated steering wheel and maybe heated windshield wipers if this could be done. I like the older style of wood time better, not sure why 2 finishes are needed.