2010 Volvo S80 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Best of the three!
By brianluigi

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

i work with a us volvo dealer as a tech and i have to say the S80 with the V8 is my favorite! amazing design with the engine. today i reached 130 in seconds while taking a curve. this car deserves its rightful place next to any mercedes benz or audi. its classy, makes you feel like you own your city inside, and when you see a speeder you can pass them with ease. the only thing i dont like about this car is that its a little too quick. It makes me want to run from the cops when they try to pull me over for speeding.

Favorite Features

Interior: EVERYTHING Exterior: i get looks all over so it dosent matter. i like it. Engine power: classy yet sporty. look its fast and classy but fun at the same time for a decent price. I cant find anything i dont like about this car. it does however make me not like any other car. i dont speed in any other car unless its this or faster. but usually its this because i acutally enjoy it. GO VOLVO!

Suggested Improvements

for this model none. well maybe a twin turbo kit would be a fun option to buy but now im asking for too much.

My favorite car
By jm1955

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My first Volvo was an XC90. While being serviced I was given a 2010 S80 loaner. I purchased one 3 months later. I had wanted the V8, but they were in short supply and being discontinued. The turbo was a great second choice. I have the sport suspension and most bells and whistles. Most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. All my passengers comment on the comfort, ride and appearance of the car. Great simple design cabin with easy controls. This car is fast! I rarely get beat off the line by all the higher end sports sedans. This car is a well kept secret. Ssshh! Don't tell many others, I like being different.

Favorite Features

Seats, Ride, Power and pretty much everything else.

Suggested Improvements

Not thrilled with gps. Not as good as my 2007 XC90. Not good street detail.

Never more comfortable
By Anonymous

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the S80 V8 AWD with the executive package. Never have I been happier with a car, and I've had 25 in the past 26 years. The ride rivals my old Mercedes 420SEL. Massaging seats a nice bonus. Awesome power, good enough handling, and hours of comfort on 5 hour drives every weekend. I have a bad back, and BMW/Audi/Mercedes are too stiff. Cadillac/Lincoln are to "glitzy". Love the understated beauty of the car. Most comfortable seats in the world.

Favorite Features

Comfort, power, ride is unbelievable

Suggested Improvements

larger trunk opening, blue tooth for hands free dialing. on dash works fine, but like the idea of all voice activated

Almost Perfect
By Enrique

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Comparing my new 2010 S80, 3.2 to what I have driven before: Audi A6, 2.7T, Volvo XC90 3.2 and Volvo S60 T5. Let's just say when it comes to speed, it leaves much to desire. I miss that PUNCH when I floor it. The dealer warned me it wasn't as fast as what I was used to driving, but got a great deal. Dealer said car had 235 hp which is okay with me i guess. The car is elegant on the outside as it is inside. The design is signature Volvo with a slight modern flair that makes people look twice. the enlarged name and logo really make a statement too. handles well, but not impressed. comfort is unrivaled! quiet engine.

Favorite Features

the best features on the S80 are the bluetooth, seats, leather steering wheel and the safety. bluetooth is great for hands free driving and no earpiece to worry about. the seats are a 10! the steering wheel is just elegant! the safety just gives good piece of mind.

Suggested Improvements

Clunky rims. might change stock out for more sleek Volvo rims. Volvo was a little too conservative with the distribution of hp with this car. i wish it had at least 250 hp. is that too much to ask? ignition key...annoying! cant turn car on from passenger side without stepping on the brake!

S80
By RD

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the car a week know and overall I'm very impressed. This being my 4th S80, they keep getting a bit better each year. Bought basically due to the comfort, reliability and safety. I have never had a breakdown in a Volvo - hope it continues. With the end of year incentives out there, this car is hard to beat for the value.

Favorite Features

It has everything I want without the complexity that some cars present. The 3.2 runs on reg gas and seats are perfect, not too plush and not overly firm. Best of all once you set the customization options up, everything is basically automatic.

Suggested Improvements

Heated steering wheel and maybe heated windshield wipers if this could be done. I like the older style of wood time better, not sure why 2 finishes are needed.

Love the new s-80
By john w

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned an 04 V-70 with a n/a 2.4 5 cylinder we were well acquainted with the Volvo brand, I also own an 05 V-70. We have the PZEV 220 hp engine and it is plenty peppy, decent on fuel on the highway, not so much around town 19 mpg. The overall build quality is superb,the standard equipment is mind boggling, leather is standard, not so with mb/audi/bmw! Hd radio and bluetooth! Oh and did I mention the seats, the most comfortable seats period! It is a fun car to drive, Volvo tweaked the shift points and our 3.2 pzev flies, great ride not as punishing as our 04 V-70. I looked and drove audi/mb/bmw a-6/e class/5 series. It is true they have more potent engines but for thousands less!JHW

Favorite Features

Interior/sound system, sound of engine, ride. Overall quality. Zero problems!

Suggested Improvements

MPG in the city

Nice toy!
By clsintl

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I ordered this car overseas when I lived in Europe which means the color, Magic Blue and the Odysseus wheels are not offered in the US V8 model. I get quite a few thumbs up when I drive and quite a few smug looks from Mercedes drivers. The interior leather is beige leather with coffee dash which is a beautiful combination. The 650W Stereo is just as good as my home Bose system. It's well balanced with the help of an equalizer. I love the engine when it first fires up as it growls then settles down where it's Quiet!

Favorite Features

Adaptive Cruise Control especially when it's foggy. The car's radar sees when you can't. Seat Massage is awesome on very comfortable seats especially on long trips; V8 Power when you need it; AWD grips the road; The lights are super bright and bend around corners. This is super!

Suggested Improvements

Back seat space could be a bit more considering the size of this two ton car.

Safety above Speed Reasonable MPG
By Johnston

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Considered the usual European competition before jumping into this one W/BlueTooth, BLIS and Xenons . After checking some Volvo Forums & Tire Rack.com I decided to ditch the OEM tires and go with Bridgestone Pole Position tires after 3k Miles. It made a world of difference in the ride and even though I have 17" wheels most people who have the 18" wheels complain their rides "harder" then mine !!! Love the ride now! Couldn't pry me out of it if you wanted me too. This is my second leased car, might have to keep it when the lease is up.

Favorite Features

Blinds Spot Information system[BLIS] especially when you have those headrests up in the back or 4 people in the car. 3 Stage Heated Front & Rear seats glad to adjust the temperature on the buns. Bluetooth & Sirius Radio w/traffic reports. Xenon head lights. Car will run on 89-91 Octane Fuel.

Suggested Improvements

OEM Tires, No High beam with Xenons, Wind-shield wiper stalk should be incorporated into turn signal stalk confusing to have 1 on each side of steering wheel. Vehicle should only have one stalk on left side of wheel.

2010 T6 is a real sleeper - drive one!
By Chicago T6

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Considered all the usual suspects from BMW, MB, Lexus, and Audi, and liked the S80 T6 more than any of them. It has a couple quirks, but doesn't every car? The I6 turbo is very responsive, makes great noises and is super smooth - much more so than the competitors' V6 engines, and on par with the turbo I6 from BMW. I have the dynamic package which really creates a great handler, without undue harshness, and it really does look more stylish and aggressive with the lowered suspension and package specific wheels. Great car!

Favorite Features

I think the interior and exterior styling are fabulous, the seats are ultra comfortable, and the engine really sings.

Suggested Improvements

I know there's not much a driver can do about things anymore, but would it be too much to ask to have a temperature gauge? The only gauge is for fuel.

2010 S80, trying another Volvo
By Jon

2010 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have about 4500 on my black Volvo S80. This is my second Volvo, I traded in a 03 S60 on this one. So far so good. Much improved over the S60 in terms of build quality, and materials. Only complaints are the engine noise at cruising speeds, seems intrusive for a car that costs this much. I drove Audi, Volkswagen, and Lexus and and went with Volvo for the price. I am happy with the choice.

Favorite Features

Love the Scandinavian design, both inside and outside. Great stereo. Very comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Engine noise at cruise. Transmission gets into high gears to fast which makes the car feel bogged down at lower speeds. But then again I prefer manual trans over auto. Wish I was getting a few more MPG, only seeing 23 on the highway cruising at 70 mph