2009 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: Fun to drive and affordable

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Review

Fun to drive and affordable
By Mike M on

2009 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have convenience and comfort packages with bixenon swivel headlights. The car drives much better than I thought over windy roads, especially using the flawless Geartronic transmission aggressively. DTSC keeps the car tight to the road and comfort level is awesome. I had compared the S80 to Audi A4 Prestige model and it was less expensive. Audi A6 is actually the comparable car but way more expensive! Control panel with buttons is more intuitive than the I- drive on German sedans. MPG is as advertized--23 MPG pure highway and 17- 19 mixed depending on driving conditions.

Geartronic transmission, bixenon bending headlights, Dynaudio sound system, Interior seats (can't beat Volvo seats for comfort), cabin layout and finish, bluetooth (not voice activated but works great using steering wheel controls) and of course all the safety features including parking assist.

I would love to see an R design option to enhance the sporty feel, similar to my old S60 R. MPG is average for this class.