Used 2009 Volvo S80 T6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Gr8 S-80
By frls1

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My 3rd Volvo S-60x2 now S-80. I love volvos always have and will. I bought this one used from City Auto in Memphis. No complaints what so ever. Sturdy Dependable, sleek, comfortable.....Good gas mileage, Reasonable maintenance. If you need a good Volvo mechanic in Memphis TN call Swedish Solutions, he specializes in only Volvo.....Love the car wouldn't trade it for anything except another Volvo.

Favorite Features

Comfort and Handling......

Great luxury car
By kamenal

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have considered a 5 series BMW or a Mercedes E class, however when Volvo came up with $6,125 rebate last June, I could not ignore it. A Volvo S80 is a fast, supremely comfortable and well designed car. Perfect highway cruiser. Not as much of a driver's car as a BMW, but then again, you can relax and enjoy a smooth ride and responsive engine.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, extremely comfortable, beautiful interior, high quality build, well thought out user interface.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage is average.

Pleased
By szmagsr

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Own a 2003 BMW 5 and although I loved the look and price of the S80 I was concerned with how I would enjoy the drive. I've only had it for two weeks, but we're getting to know each other and I like it better every day.

Favorite Features

Great interior--Simple elegance. Easy to understand and function.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Totally Satisfied
By MAD

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove cars from Audi, BMW, MB, Acura, Infiniti and Lexus -- Leased a Volvo S80 T6 AWD. It offers a more comfortable and quite ride than its competitors and priced closer to smaller models (A4, 3 series, c300) than the larger models (A6, 5 Series, RL), which it more closely competes. I think the upgrades with the executive package are well worth it. Gas mileage is average, but able to use regular grade gasoline and still in "break-in" period. Scheduled maintenance is included. Great value and safety. Very underrated car. Recommend without reservation.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, vented and heated with massage AWD works well Bluetooth works seamlessly Quite ride

Suggested Improvements

Steering can be a bit stiffer at times Transmission should upshift quicker uphill Average fuel economy Radio upgrade should be available without buying a whole package

Elegant Ride
By Dasa

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I explained to the surprised BMW salesman when I said no to the new 5 series sedan that I preferred the 09 Volvo S80: more powerful, more comfortable, softer ride, $15K less,and an exterior whose subtle beauty has grown on me. I love this car and plan to keep it forever.

Favorite Features

Smooth power of the T6 280 hp, understated elegance of the interior. It handles better than the reviews say, fun to drive on country roads, great cruiser on the highway. Roomy and quiet inside, the AWD has solid traction and handling in frozen upstate NY winter. Great heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage