2009 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Gr8 S-80
By frls1 on 08/15/13 18:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My 3rd Volvo S-60x2 now S-80. I love volvos always have and will. I bought this one used from City Auto in Memphis. No complaints what so ever. Sturdy Dependable, sleek, comfortable.....Good gas mileage, Reasonable maintenance. If you need a good Volvo mechanic in Memphis TN call Swedish Solutions, he specializes in only Volvo.....Love the car wouldn't trade it for anything except another Volvo.

Great luxury car
By kamenal on 09/03/09 11:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have considered a 5 series BMW or a Mercedes E class, however when Volvo came up with $6,125 rebate last June, I could not ignore it. A Volvo S80 is a fast, supremely comfortable and well designed car. Perfect highway cruiser. Not as much of a driver's car as a BMW, but then again, you can relax and enjoy a smooth ride and responsive engine.

Pleased
By szmagsr on 07/12/09 07:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Own a 2003 BMW 5 and although I loved the look and price of the S80 I was concerned with how I would enjoy the drive. I've only had it for two weeks, but we're getting to know each other and I like it better every day.

Totally Satisfied
By MAD on 06/21/09 07:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove cars from Audi, BMW, MB, Acura, Infiniti and Lexus -- Leased a Volvo S80 T6 AWD. It offers a more comfortable and quite ride than its competitors and priced closer to smaller models (A4, 3 series, c300) than the larger models (A6, 5 Series, RL), which it more closely competes. I think the upgrades with the executive package are well worth it. Gas mileage is average, but able to use regular grade gasoline and still in "break-in" period. Scheduled maintenance is included. Great value and safety. Very underrated car. Recommend without reservation.

Elegant Ride
By Dasa on 06/16/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I explained to the surprised BMW salesman when I said no to the new 5 series sedan that I preferred the 09 Volvo S80: more powerful, more comfortable, softer ride, $15K less,and an exterior whose subtle beauty has grown on me. I love this car and plan to keep it forever.

Fun to drive and affordable
By Mike M on 06/13/09 14:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have convenience and comfort packages with bixenon swivel headlights. The car drives much better than I thought over windy roads, especially using the flawless Geartronic transmission aggressively. DTSC keeps the car tight to the road and comfort level is awesome. I had compared the S80 to Audi A4 Prestige model and it was less expensive. Audi A6 is actually the comparable car but way more expensive! Control panel with buttons is more intuitive than the I- drive on German sedans. MPG is as advertized--23 MPG pure highway and 17- 19 mixed depending on driving conditions.

FUN, FAST, SAFE
By Mlee on 05/26/09 21:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Came from XC90 to S80. A classy ride, Big step across but not down. Love it.. Needed smaller size, good road ride and more power. Got it. Go for the turbo and upgrade package. Very nice, Volvo very nice. Not yous old moms car any more. Nice

09 T6 AWD
By NJdiver on 11/24/08 05:40 AM (PST)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Let go of our 06-S60 for the new S80. After driving the T6AWD then the 3.2 without AWD decided the ride was much better with the AWD and turbo 6. Its also nice to have the AWD in the Northeast when needed

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volvo S80 Sedan in VA is:

$125 per month*