2009 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Gr8 S-80
By frls1 on 08/15/13 18:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My 3rd Volvo S-60x2 now S-80. I love volvos always have and will. I bought this one used from City Auto in Memphis. No complaints what so ever. Sturdy Dependable, sleek, comfortable.....Good gas mileage, Reasonable maintenance. If you need a good Volvo mechanic in Memphis TN call Swedish Solutions, he specializes in only Volvo.....Love the car wouldn't trade it for anything except another Volvo.

Bang for the Buck
By Falconflight on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My 2nd Volvo (2007 S-40) and again I was impressed with the interior and exterior style and quality. Bought a demo (4k miles) and knocked off 11k bringing the total to 29k and change. The ride is outstanding, especially for long distances. The sandstone interior is airy and sumptuous. Very comfortable seating. The stereo is again outstanding, along w/ the roominess. First large car that I've owned and it has been a A+ experience w/ Volvo.

Not as nice as the price
By dino k. on 07/24/10 18:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I compared this Volvo to a Buick Lucerne w/a Northstar V-8 & found its mileage substantially less & ride much harsher. Trim is very stately & exterior is very stylish. Good trunk room & overall quality very good but the vehicle is a step below the Buick in ride & performance, especially the lower mileage was a surprise.

Great luxury car
By kamenal on 09/03/09 11:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have considered a 5 series BMW or a Mercedes E class, however when Volvo came up with $6,125 rebate last June, I could not ignore it. A Volvo S80 is a fast, supremely comfortable and well designed car. Perfect highway cruiser. Not as much of a driver's car as a BMW, but then again, you can relax and enjoy a smooth ride and responsive engine.

Absolutely valued luxury car
By Alex Z on 08/26/09 11:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd S80 in leasing. The package is really competitive and impressive. The service in Volvo of Princeton, NJ is very good. The absolutely valued luxury car! Better than BMW 5 and Audi A6 in overall. Why pay more $10k for the same level car. I recommend to purchase or lease Volvo S80. Excellent in all of interior & exterior appearance, Handling & Safety. The drive is very smooth & quilt. great performance. Seats are very comfortable.

Pleased
By szmagsr on 07/12/09 07:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Own a 2003 BMW 5 and although I loved the look and price of the S80 I was concerned with how I would enjoy the drive. I've only had it for two weeks, but we're getting to know each other and I like it better every day.

Great value
By Dan_J on 06/30/09 09:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I was in the market for a new comfortable luxury sedan. I saw all the rebates Volvo had on this car and was able to knock $10k total off MSRP through negotiating with the dealership. So my $42k was purchased for $32k, which is an incredible value. The car drives very well, seats are very supportive and comfortable. All of the materials in the car are high quality. In addition, the 5 yr 60k warranty, which includes maintenance and wear/tear items made this decision very easy for me. If you're considering purchasing a luxury car, I highly encourage you to consider the S80, you will be thoroughly impressed.

Totally Satisfied
By MAD on 06/21/09 07:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove cars from Audi, BMW, MB, Acura, Infiniti and Lexus -- Leased a Volvo S80 T6 AWD. It offers a more comfortable and quite ride than its competitors and priced closer to smaller models (A4, 3 series, c300) than the larger models (A6, 5 Series, RL), which it more closely competes. I think the upgrades with the executive package are well worth it. Gas mileage is average, but able to use regular grade gasoline and still in "break-in" period. Scheduled maintenance is included. Great value and safety. Very underrated car. Recommend without reservation.

Elegant Ride
By Dasa on 06/16/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I explained to the surprised BMW salesman when I said no to the new 5 series sedan that I preferred the 09 Volvo S80: more powerful, more comfortable, softer ride, $15K less,and an exterior whose subtle beauty has grown on me. I love this car and plan to keep it forever.

Fun to drive and affordable
By Mike M on 06/13/09 14:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have convenience and comfort packages with bixenon swivel headlights. The car drives much better than I thought over windy roads, especially using the flawless Geartronic transmission aggressively. DTSC keeps the car tight to the road and comfort level is awesome. I had compared the S80 to Audi A4 Prestige model and it was less expensive. Audi A6 is actually the comparable car but way more expensive! Control panel with buttons is more intuitive than the I- drive on German sedans. MPG is as advertized--23 MPG pure highway and 17- 19 mixed depending on driving conditions.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volvo S80 Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*