2008 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: Understated Elegance

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Review

Understated Elegance
By stevep on

2008 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2008 S80 is my first Volvo purchase and I have to say I am very, very impressed. The attention to detail and quality of workmanship is outstanding. I have owned Lexus (GS and ES) and infinity (G35) and although good cars, the attention to detail is not as good as Volvo. If the long term reliability is as good as consumer reports rates the 2008, then I can see myself buying Volvo's for a long time. Performance is outstanding. The 280hp T6 is very fast, especially if you use the tip-tronic shifting. Yes, there are faster cars, but I don't think anyone balance of elegance and performance that the Volvo S80 does, not to mention its claim to fame safety features. Don't miss this one

I have to say that the upgraded stereo in this vehicle is awesome! The Dynaudio brand is super high end. 650 watts, little to no distortion, 12 speakers, what can I say? Dynaudio makes some high-end studio speakers, and its on the level on nakamichi, bang and olufsan.

The only improvement i can see is that the car only averages 20 mpg. It would be a dream if this car averaged 25-30. but, it is AWD and a 4,000 Volvo lb car, so that may be asking for a lot.