Best value proposition
By Scott E on
2008 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
Needed AWD in New Hampshire mountains and the BMW, Benz, and Audi alternatives in this size class cannot touch the Volvo - and I am a huge fan of BMW. Purchased the car this summer during the $4/gallon gas era and got a fantastic deal that the other brands could not touch. Nice quiet ride with adequate power - not as well balanced as the BMW5 - drives a little front heavy in some cornering. Bottom line is that I would still purchase this car should I move out of the snow belt given the price point. Interior/exterior styling is excellent - don't see too many others on the road so it has a nice unique look relative to Audi, Volvo S60, 4matics, etc. which are everywhere.
Favorite Features
I wanted the Sirius/Dynaudio and had to buy the Nav/PCC/BLIS as a result. I still could live without the Nav but really enjoy the keyless feature of the PCC and will definately buy that again - BLIS is cool, but staying aware of overtaking cars seems easy enough to me.
Suggested Improvements
Sticker was $49k plus - can I have real wood inlays please!? Almost bought the V8 because of it but the stock rims of the T6 are much sportier than the V8. After time, I am less bothered by the plastic wood but nonetheless...6 speed automatic should be less noticeable in some shifting at low speed